Its March....How does your pantry look?

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you really want new buckets our home depot sells a food grade 5 gallon bucket for under 5.00 I believe. They are opaque with measurements on the side and state they are food safe, that's what I use. I could not get anyone in our town to give me buckets or they wanted close to new price so I went that route. I also lined them with mylar bags to prevent food from touching the plastic and sealed them with an iron for long term storage.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
Bare. :( I just started to can and all I have is a dozen jars of jelly. We do have several bags of dried rice, beans and oats. Our store bought canned goods are drying up too. I am determined this spring and summer to have bunches of canned veggies, soups and fruits for the winter.
lol... that's what mine looks like too... I've got one jar of Ginger Peach Marmalade, one Dilly Beans and one Cranberry Jelly.... and that's the extent of my home canned things.

I've got a pretty basic pantry (since only one cupboard in my house can be a pantry), with stuff for baking, spices, mixes, pasta, rices, several different teas...

We're expecting our first baby in November, so we're hoping to get a TON of tiny little jars to make homemade baby food in this fall... hoping to avoid having to buy any. Plus have lots of great stuff for us to eat from the garden. Last year all I managed to do with my garden was keep a momma deer and her triplets well fed :)

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
urban dreamer said:
Bare. :( I just started to can and all I have is a dozen jars of jelly. We do have several bags of dried rice, beans and oats. Our store bought canned goods are drying up too. I am determined this spring and summer to have bunches of canned veggies, soups and fruits for the winter.
lol... that's what mine looks like too... I've got one jar of Ginger Peach Marmalade, one Dilly Beans and one Cranberry Jelly.... and that's the extent of my home canned things.

I've got a pretty basic pantry (since only one cupboard in my house can be a pantry), with stuff for baking, spices, mixes, pasta, rices, several different teas...

We're expecting our first baby in November, so we're hoping to get a TON of tiny little jars to make homemade baby food in this fall... hoping to avoid having to buy any. Plus have lots of great stuff for us to eat from the garden. Last year all I managed to do with my garden was keep a momma deer and her triplets well fed :)
Did you at least eat'em when hunting season came around? :p

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
I wish... but we didn't get deer tags this year... and we're too close to neighbours to hunt in the yard :tongue:)

(Thanks Partyfowl :) )

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
urban dreamer said:
I wish... but we didn't get deer tags this year... and we're too close to neighbours to hunt in the yard :tongue:)

(Thanks Partyfowl :) )
LOL! I had deer tags but there wasn't anything to shoot this year.