Ladies, may I ask you a question in private?

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Make an appt with your Gyno to discuss your options. HRT is not your only option. I'm sorry your feeling badly. :hugs will pray for you.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have some hot flashes at night and interrupting sleep definitely. I didn't get enough sleep before--now it is even less. Throw the blanket off, sweat, hot, then cold, cold, throw the blanket on...LOL...many times a night. UGH

I don't have any emotional outbursts or crying or anything like that. Lucky for me.

But I am not a pill popper so I will "just ride it thru" cause it is only nightime hot flashes and I can deal with it.

Hope you get thru OK! It is always something that sneaks up and bites us hard on the butt! :) ugh

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I am on hormone replacement therapy. I take the pills now. A stronger dose than most folks. Back in the day when it all got so awful and before I knew it was bad for me I tried everything the DR threw at me. We started with low dose pills I ended up with taking injections every two weeks. I was 34 at the time I started the injections and 55 when I went back to taking the pills. The sure don't make me feel as good as those injections did but they help.

I do not care if they are bad for me. My symptoms were over the top and affected my life every minute of every day.

I know people who have never taken any type of HRT and done wonderfully after a few months, a couple who have done well on herbal remedies, diet and yoga. And one other like me whose symptoms never went away and had to resort to HRT.

Everyone is different and will react differently, and will need different levels of treatment.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My mother and sis have never had hormone replacement therapy and have done very well after the first bodily adjustments. Mom used to have hot flashes and such but they just finally went away. My sis is starting with them but hers are not bad yet.

I'm wondering....if someone just let them ride and let the body self-regulate and adjust to the change in hormone levels, if they just eventually go away?

Anyone else ever had their body just go through this change and settle down to it?

bgelber

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm on a HRT a high dose compared to most. According to my husband and daughter don't even think about taking it away because I get all hormonal.

But the vet I used to work with after his wife has a hysterectomy all she did was drink soy milk and she seemed to do fine. I tried it, lets just say that I either wanted to cry or kill, not a pretty combination.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Another choice.....OTC...all natural...is Remifemin. When I started with the hot flashes...and the moods...I started it. This stuff really works!!
Here is what is says on the box...
DRUG FREE/ESTROGEN FREE
Clinically Shown to reduce Menopausal Symptoms
Hot flashes, Night sweats, Mood swings, Irritability, Related occasional Sleeplessness

Ingredients... Black Cohash Extract,(equivalant to 20 mg)
Lactose,cellulose,potato starch,Magnesium sterate and natural peppermint flavor.
Containes NO salt,yeast,wheat, gluten, corn, soy, coloring, or preservatives.

Take one tab in the morning, and one in the evening. Worked for me! Good luck... :hugs Growing up SUCKS! :gig

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
A family member swears by DHEA. Said that when all the the bugaboo about HRTs came out her doctor suggested switching to DHEA. She did a lot of researching first, as is her nature, and has been happy with it for many years. She has great health and looks wonderful, so no side effects.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow! I didn't expect so many great suggestions. Thank you all very very much.:hugs

I took a hot bath last night and must've been exhausted because I slept like a baby that gets up every few hours (an improvement over the previous night) & I actually felt somewhat rested when I got up this morning to feed.

I will go through all the information you all gave me and head into town later today - for sure I think I will try switching to soy milk - and peppermint - I like that - and as for the other ideas, I'll let you know!