PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pam I can see the steam coming from your ears!!!! From what I have read about you and your children over the past year I would say you are doing everything right. Your 14 yo especially is proof of that. He is smart, responsible, kind and so good with all of your other children. I think unfortunately the behavior of the other kids is the norm in today's society. That makes me sad but it is why we do what we do right?

I think the people in your church should clue in a bit and see that your children are not having learning issues but the exact opposite. They are demonstrating what well behaved, respectful, well rounded, educated children should do. I only wish mine were more like yours.

How far does the pastor really want to go? Does he need to see test scores?

Ugg.. Don't get discouraged. Stand your ground.

gina

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words!
It better stop here with the kids or...or...or...ERRRR!!!!!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oooh I'd be telling that Pastor to STEP OFF!

It's no one else's business how you raise your kids.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Pam, I would definitely change churches, as it seems your pastor is not really an effective leader nor wise in his counsel. Keep looking until you find one that fits your family....I know it's tough changing churches....almost like changing schools, for kids.

I am looking into changing churches soon myself, as our preacher seems just as clueless in many ways.

BUT...first, I would tell this pastor exactly what you feel, in a calm and rational tone, explain that this was the final straw that will nudge you to find a church family that IS a family to you and yours. He really needs to know that this is a mistake he need not make in the future with some other family, as it is offensive and decidedly NOT Christ-like.

It sounds like any church would be very fortunate indeed to have your family in the pews....especially your kids! They sound very sweet, well-mannered and intelligent. As someone said before, that is just not the norm nowadays, sadly enough, but it certainly should be.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I agree with Bee, your connection to this church does not seem strong enough (large families) but if that is the only common thread, it just doesn't sound like enough. I would search for a new church.

Your church should make you feel at home, like family, not like an outsider.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thanks for the :hugs everyone! I probably would have switched churches a while ago if it were not for the location, Rangers, and Betty! Plus DH is very happy running the sound system on Sundays. Plus he does the sound for the Youth Leader/ Worship Leader for all of his concerts. And that makes him VERY happy! The boys have a major connection in the Ranger group. I just love Betty! She also feels like an outsider at the church. She is one of the only people at the church that I have a REAL connection with. Everyone is pretty much just acquaintances.
I am in charge of the MPact girls Scrip gift card fundraising project. I have raised $300 in the last three months for them. I also do a craft with all of the MPact girls, about 30 girls, for all of the major holidays. I pay for all of the supplies that I use also.
I just volunteered to help a young couple in the church move this Saturday. She has a baby that just turned one and is pregnant with twins! I don't even know why I volunteered, other than I have a soft spot for pregnant people, LOL, because she definetly gets on my nerves! She is VERY whiny, flighty, and ditzy!! Plus, Betty and I did a huge project with her MPact girls class, made jean purses which took up 4 Wednesday nights to do, and she NEVER even said thank you! But, I figure I am sowing seeds for helpers whenever DH and I have to do something! ;)
My 10 yo runs the sound system for children's church and he just loves that!
My 7 yo was picked up and thrown down by another boy three weeks ago at church! The children's pastor never even told me until church was OVER and it happened at the beginning of the service! They gave him an ice pack to put on his head and I could tell when I picked him up that he still did not feel good. :he Then I found out Betty's youngest grandson got in a fight with the same boy at the end of the service! I told my older two boys that are in children's church with my 7 yo that if that boy picks on 7 yo again they have MY permission to step in and 'take care of it'!! Now I just wish my boys were fighters!! LOL!! Yeah, who needs to send their kids to pucblic school when you can just send them to church?? And far as I know the other boy was not even disciplined!! I need to bribe Betty's grandson with cookies and stuff so he will be my 7 yo's bodyguard! LOL! He is a scrappy lil' fellow!
Let's not forget the whole softball drama!! I REFUSE to play for my church next year!!!! The coach mentioned something to me a few months ago about changing leagues and I told him I was not going to play next year. He was like what? I said it is the same team and stuff right? Yep! Well, then I am not playing! He has not asked me about it again! We'll see if he does in the spring. But I am sure as long as he finds enough other girls he will not ask!

I really should be sewing instead of sitting here typing...but the baby is sleeping on my lap and the boys are doing school work at the table. I want to get the girls a new boutique outfit done before Sunday. I have WIC in an hour, my mom is coming over at 3pm to work on a crafty project for table decorations for the BIG family Christmas party the day after Christmas, TKD is at 5. Tomorrow I promised the kids we would make gingerbread houses. Then tomorrow night I want to go Christmas shopping. I stil have NOTHING for the older three boys!! Then Saturday morning I am helping that couple move. Then Saturday night I want to go to the Gospel According to Scrooge play. Then Sunday morning...which is when I want the outfits for...is church, then come home and clean, then the neighbor's youth group is coming over around 5:30pm!!!

Thanks for listening everyone! My DH does not want to hear any of it! :rolleyes:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Just found out the that the pregnant mom will not even be there when I go to help them move! She will be at play practice....which is where three of my kiddos will be on Saturday morning. I actually really like her DH, he is very nice! Betty and I can not figure out how the two of them ended up together! Other than oppisites attract! LOL!