Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
kel, we have called several times over the last 2 days and told them each and every call that we need to know what to do with her dog and her stuff...They give us the same answer, "I'm sorry, I can't help you or tell you what to do." They are using the confidientiality and HIPPA card on us. They can give her a message to call us, but they can't make her call.

Her case manager won't even call us back. We've left messages for her as well. They've sequestered her away and won't speak to any family members about her where abouts or her belongings.

In Other Farm News: One of my buff rabbits had 7 babies last night, only lost one! :ya

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
kel, we have called several times over the last 2 days and told them each and every call that we need to know what to do with her dog and her stuff...They give us the same answer, "I'm sorry, I can't help you or tell you what to do." They are using the confidientiality and HIPPA card on us. They can give her a message to call us, but they can't make her call.

Her case manager won't even call us back. We've left messages for her as well. They've sequestered her away and won't speak to any family members about her where abouts or her belongings.

In Other Farm News: One of my buff rabbits had 7 babies last night, only lost one! :ya
Well, that kind of agrees with what I wrote you in the email I sent earlier.

Yea for bunnies! My friends Paul & Sophia now have 25 kits (4 weeks of age and younger) and two more pregnant does!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Congrats on the bunnies, Aly! :celebrate Aren't they cute? :love

A good night's sleep can do wonders, can't it?

I would rehome the Pom, she clearly doesn't care enough about it to take it with her. In fact, I would wash my hands of the whole mess and go on like it never happened! Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I agree with keeping the pullets, you've earned them a million times over and....you're paying for them!

That was a good price for the hens~ but a fair one for good layers in good health!

You do have an amazing spirit, Aly! :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I agree with keeping the pullets, you've earned them a million times over and....you're paying for them!
Well, I thought I was going to have to pay for them, but DH told me that SIL had given him the $ for her chicken order before she left. She asked him to hold on to it for her so she wouldn't spend it, so he does have the $ for her part of the chicken order. We offered to give the $ to our nephew since it is his mom's money, but he said no, keep it and keep the chickens you buy with it. I feel a bit guilty doing that, but I still can't cancel the order unless I want to pay a fee....and it's Welsummers.......

Beekissed said:
That was a good price for the hens~ but a fair one for good layers in good health!
The guy who bought the hens didn't even bat an eye. My mom is getting some from me for the same price. This afternoon, all my Light Brahmas will be gone! Whoohoo!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Ya'll, as crappy as my weekend started, it sure has turned out glorious!!!!!!!

Now what's the odds that I would decide to sell off some hens, and then a local would show up asking if I had any laying age hens for sale??? I just sold two more Light Brahmas for $10 a piece! That's $60 I've made today just selling hens!!!!!! At minimum wage, that's equal to putting in an 8 hour day, and I've only put in maybe 2 hours of actual work today...Hmm $30 an hour working my own farm and selling hens...not bad IMO That 2 hours was feeding/watering the critters and packaging/mailing eggs this morning.

That's not counting the eggs I've sold this morning on BYC!

I love that I can make money for my family while being at home!! In the last two days, I have made enough money to buy the 7 spitzhauben chicks from swiss lines and my feed for the rest of the month!!

GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!

:ya

ps I hope it doesn't sound like I am bragging, I really don't mean to be, I am just super excited to see all the time/effort I have put into these birds to finally start paying off!!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Don't worry - we self sufficient types all understand how wonderful it is to make a little money while doing what we just do! :D

Anyway it is good to brag occasionally! ;)

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It doesn't sound to me like you are bragging at all, it sounds like your hard work is paying off, congratulations! Woo-Hoo on the chicken and egg sales.