Tattler Reusable Canning Lids?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Pardon if this has been posted before, but does anyone have experience with this type of lids?

I'm trying to be more planful of this year's canning season (I hate running out of lids at the last moment).

Thanks!

yardfarmer

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We used these lids for the first time this year for tomatoes in a water bath canner. The lids sealed fine, no problems, also easy to open. The gasket thing held up fine so far, we will be using more of them in the future.

Haven't used them for pressure canning yet, but I don't see any problems with the higher heat.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think there may be one or two people around who have tried them. I know PamsPride uses them. Maybe she will drop in, if not stop by her journal.

Good luck!!

g

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am interested as well, since I plan on canning quite a bit this year.

Until I get something more reusable, I decided that every time I go to the big-box store, I pick up a box or two of lids. They wont go bad, they don't take up a ton of space, and I wont worry about running out. I get to the store at least once per month, so I have about 10 boxes of them laying around already. Rings are reusable, so I haven't gotten any of those. ( I have a bunch hanging around here.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting some this year, but not as many as I need. Then, every year, I'll get more until I no longer need to buy them.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I'm planning on getting some this year, but not as many as I need. Then, every year, I'll get more until I no longer need to buy them.
Me too - I got my first 2 dozen for Christmas, and can't wait to try them out!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bit o' trivia here...the owner of the company called into the Glenn Beck radio show about 15 minutes ago to talk about how he & his dad started the company...it was just a random call, Glenn had no idea who the guy was. In fact, the owner (naturally, can't remember his first name now), wouldn't even reveal the name of the company, but eventually gave out his website. When I immediately put the URL in, the site had already crashed. :p

Anyway, he said during the first 9 months of being in business, they had already made 10 times what they had expected to during their first year. I've never used these, but now am more likely to, now that I know their history, being an all-American small-business success story. :D

shellie milne

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't know these things existed either until listening to Glenn this morning. Now I can't wait to get some of these - all of the blogs and opinions that I have read on these seems that they are what they claim to be. though a bit pricey - the consensus seems that it takes about 8 canning uses to get your money back on them - but that's nothing - as I have the feeling we will be canning A LOT over the next while

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome Shellie! :welcome

I'd heard of them but never really looked into it until today. Definitely sounds cost-effective if you do a lot of canning (& if they're truly useable "forever")...plus useable in pressure canners, too! Whoot! :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hi shellie! Here's another :welcome

Ordering my set of lids is on my Feb "to do" list