the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have become a real fan of naps recently!

ha! i got a few hours in after breakfast. last night about 4:30am someone was doing donuts at the corner - i was up for a while and had some cereal and then puttered for a bit and then went back to sleep until now. feel much better today than yesterday. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
finished getting the tomato patch put up for winter and moved on to starting to clean up the strawberry patch and also got some weeds out of some rocks while i had the energy for it. only two more gardens besides the strawberry patch inside the fence to deal with and other puttering around. looks like the weather is going to cooperate for the next several days at least so i should be able to make good progress.

also the guy was out turning the south field and i talked to him about turning as much of the grass under as he can get at. he said he'd run over some of it today but then would come back with a six foot tiller that would grind up the sod instead of just turning it (plus he'd have more control) and also maybe bring back a backhoe to get the chunks of cement and stones out of the trench so i can get that filled in again and get it planted or fixed with chunks of sod to prevent it from getting washed out. they'll reseed the entire field in a few weeksish. i might take some time and see if i really need to use the backhoe to get those chunks out of there as if i can just do it by hand then it will be done and ready for when he gets to the tiller part... i remember moving those chunks down there and it wasn't fun but it was possible... getting them out might be a bit tougher.

Latest posts