Top 10 Toxic Products

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yeah, my mom was saying the same thing as i was researching all the unsafe baby stuff for my sister. Mom said she doesn't know how any of us survived. but things weren't as toxic 27 years ago... and we just had a lot less stuff.

but there are TONS AND TONS of adorable, safe, fun baby toys out there now. i have lists and lists of everything (cause i'm obsessive about stuff like that).

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I pulled all the rubber bath toys last year. Not for the fact that they were made with pvc but because I saw a show that talked about the mold growing in them. Sure enough I checked a couple of ours. Yuck!!!! Anything that sucked up water was gone that day. Thank goodness my kids are out growing baths. They prefer showers now.

g

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:sick Yuck! I am trying not to think how many times my own dd sucked the water OUT of those toys!!! :sick Back then I thought it was cute.

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rebecca100 wrote:
In fact, some bottled water IS tap water - just packaged
Yep--I think it's Dasani bottled water--straight from the Mahomet aquifer, right here in central Illinois. WHAT a rip-off!!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I am also real sensitive to the scents they put in stuff. I used to be much worse. couldn't even go down the detergent isle in grocery stores. Haven't been to Macy's in 30 years, because they used to spray you with perfume. Our store doesn't do that anymore, but now I don't shop in malls either, except Sears occasionally, they have tools and garden stuff :lol:
I stay away from garden isles, because of the pesticides and herbicides, they make me ill.

When SO and I first started dating, he showered numerous times a day and applied lots of deoderant. I finally had to tell him that I liked his natural manly smell much better, than the stink of scented soap and deoderant. He cut his showers down to one a day ;)

I have been using alternatives for soaps and cleaning supplies for years, due to my very bad reaction to the stuff that is usually in them.

I am not as sensitive as I used to be, but I still prefer to use more natural products, mostly because I think it is better for my health and the health of Mother Earth.

Thanks for posting this info.

There were a few was not aware of. I love my rubber duckies ;)
Fortunately some of them are kind of old, but I will be getting rid of the new ones :( ...throwing them in the trash, don't want someone to give them to their kid :/

I knew there was a reason I shop at Goodwill, they have old stuff, that doesn't have all those wonderfull chemicals in it and they sell it cheap!!!:lol:

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Arrowhead is tap water as well, and they also don't get it right at the spring like they advertise! :rolleyes:

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
100 years ago (in the 70's) I worked in an office right behind a lady who would get up every day to go home, open her purse, take out her spritz bottle of Chanel # 5 and procede to douse herself and me in it. I hated it! That continued for months until one day I had enough. When she got out the bottle I said (firmly) "STOP!" She turned around and said "What?" I told her she could go to the restroom, or she could wait until she got to her car, but I was not going to allow her to continue to spray that stuff on me anymore. Seems she wanted to smell good for hubby when she got home - didn't work, they divorced a few months later. (Oh dear, maybe it was because I stopped her from smelling good) :hide

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
100 years ago (in the 70's) I worked in an office right behind a lady who would get up every day to go home, open her purse, take out her spritz bottle of Chanel # 5 and procede to douse herself and me in it. I hated it! That continued for months until one day I had enough. When she got out the bottle I said (firmly) "STOP!" She turned around and said "What?" I told her she could go to the restroom, or she could wait until she got to her car, but I was not going to allow her to continue to spray that stuff on me anymore. Seems she wanted to smell good for hubby when she got home - didn't work, they divorced a few months later. (Oh dear, maybe it was because I stopped her from smelling good) :hide
or MAYBE, she wasn't trying to smell good for her hubby - but instead, she was having a torrid affair with a waterbed salesman and they divorced because her husband found out!