VickiLynn - Finding The Balance

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
:yuckyuck

I think I already welcomed you, but in case I haven't WELCOME!

Weve increased the garden this year, from three 50 rows to four. It seems like a good idea now, but in July, when its 90 out and I have to weed it, with sweat dripping in my eyes and bugs buzzing around my head, Im sure Ill wonder what WAS I Thinking?!? Ill have to depend on this forum to keep me motivated.
Mulch, woman! Mulch! :lol: Ruth Stout was right :)
ROFL!! About a million years ago my father piled us all in the car one afternoon and drove us around her town hoping she'd be out in her garden. My father- the garden guru stalker :rolleyes:

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Up The Creek, We have 14 little chicks. They are a mix of Leghorn, Buff, Blue Andalusians, Brahmas and Silver Laced Wyandotte. I'm not sure if those breeds are compatible, but so far they are playing nicely together.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have not had too much problem mixing breeds in the past. As long as they are the same age and all started together they usually get along just fine.

I got some new babies today as well. Five turkeys and some chicks. Black sex links, Cinnamon sex links, Ameraucanas, a couple of Welsummers and some really cutie patootie Polish!

You can have chickens for years and the excitement of new babies is always the same! :D

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Vicki sounds like a great combo of chicks you got there! I would love to have some white egg layers,..all mine are brown and green egg layers. I have partridge rocks, barred rocks, buff orpingtons, and easter eggers. Oh,.. and I have 10 six week old silkies, they are sooo cute! I think I would like to have some brown leghorns,...they just look nice. :D

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
:welcome

Just edit the margarine out of any recipes you post and you will do just fine!!! :lol:
No problem there - I like my butter! :thumbsup

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Javamama said:
:frow and :welcome from another Vicki

Do you know how hard it is to get tomato stains off a white ceiling
Why, yes I do. Which is precisely why they will become part of the - um, lets call it "natural decor" that my house seems to gather. You know - along with the chicken feathers, dirt from the kids and dog, the bucket of scraps on the counter waiting to go out to the chicken, etc. :lol: It all works together.
Synergistic decorating...it's all the rage :lol:

Welcome Vicki! :welcome

Nice to have you aboard!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
:frow Welcome!

" My biggest challenge is my change-resistant 8 year old son. The other day, he came home from school with an English paper he had written, which he titled, High Fructose Corn Syrup is Our Friend. I try to come up with good alternatives to processed foods for him, but he is not always on-board. He hasnt really trusted me since the time I tried to sneak pureed spinach into his brownies. I have to work on finding that balance between Healthy and Over-The-Edge.

You slipped in the wrong surprise ingredient. There's a recipe around here for Black Bean Chocolate Cake that gets raves.