WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
gobs of tomatoes. yesterday we picked 7 buckets which comes in between 140 - 160lbs but these buckets seemed to be particularly full as we cut up and processed four buckets yesterday and that would normally give us about 28-32 quarts and it came in at 34 quarts. today i'm doing the other three buckets (and taking a break at the moment to get off my feet).

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got the pepper/onion relish done. 6 pints.
Prepared filling for peppers...will stuff & bake in morning when it's cooler. While they're in oven I hope to whip up the red pepper jelly. 😵‍💫 Good plan. Better work...frig is over full :lol:

Then....pumpkins & sweets I can get to as I get to. 🤣They are ok in a hold pattern. The peppers, limited time to work up.

There's the lid pop! 👍 At last, I can go to bed.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
yesterday we picked 7 buckets which comes in between 140 - 160lbs but these buckets seemed to be particularly full as we cut up and processed four buckets yesterday and that would normally give us about 28-32 quarts and it came in at 34 quarts. today i'm doing the other three buckets (and taking a break at the moment to get off my feet).
Got the pepper/onion relish done. 6 pints.
Prepared filling for peppers...will stuff & bake in morning when it's cooler. While they're in oven I hope to whip up the red pepper jelly. 😵‍💫 Good plan. Better work...frig is over full :lol:

Then....pumpkins & sweets I can get to as I get to. 🤣They are ok in a hold pattern. The peppers, limited time to work up.

There's the lid pop! 👍 At last, I can go to bed.

Dang! Ya'll are doing great!

I'm such a slacker...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Peppers are so large 😳. Only 12 fit in the pan. So, cool & do another.

Filling -- ground pork, ground beef, jar of corn, few big handfuls of chopped kale, mexicanish seasoning, onion, garlic, dehydrated onion& plum tomatoes from last year, goat cheese from freezer.....yeah a full meal 🤣

I'm now chopping the "tops" cut for these -- will freeze. Can't waste food! And need almost 4 cups chopped sweet reds for the pepper jelly, 1/2 way there. I'm taking a sit down rest for lunch!!

IMG_20240907_115837177_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240907_115910967.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The peppers get tomato sauce & cheddar when I reheat to eat later. The just do better in vac seal this way. 🤷

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dang! Ya'll are doing great!

I'm such a slacker...

you got yer handsfull of other things at the moment... :)

i won't mention (ok, i am mentioning) that i've had two naps already today... the first one i woke up from a dream where i had a weed growing out of one foot (i thought with all those roots that it was going to bleed a lot if i pulled it out) and in the other i had a bean pod going in a quarter inch (i pulled it out and it didn't bleed but there was the hole left behind)...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Two more trays done...last just put in oven. Good for a few months! Plus yet more bags of chopped peppers in freezer, a long with other 2 trays of stuffed ones. Freezer is full!! Good thing these are individual so I can squeeze into spots. 😳

Plus made the jars red pepper jelly that started this whole monsoon! Now I'm down to processing a few jars of pumpkin and a few sweet potatoes. No rush. Most of both will remain in cool & dark for use. Like a little ready to use! Plus the pumpkins were also bought for chicken/goat treats. Only $1 each & nice ones. So pretty much only thing I'd like to do are the breakfast heat & eat egg+stuff concoctions. 😂 Maybe in the morning as breakfast.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i won't mention (ok, i am mentioning) that i've had two naps already today... the first one i woke up from a dream where i had a weed growing out of one foot (i thought with all those roots that it was going to bleed a lot if i pulled it out) and in the other i had a bean pod going in a quarter inch (i pulled it out and it didn't bleed but there was the hole left behind)...
That is a crazy, interesting dream, lol!