What are you doing this weekend?!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm working...

Also tearing apart pallets in preparation to build a chicken coop... daydreaming about a garden, organizing my seeds and writing on my garden calendar what weeks to plant what seeds indoors so everything is ready to outside on the second week of June, pricing out my greenhouse and raised bed supplies, wishing the snow would melt... yep, that's about it...

Wondering if the boyfriend will do anything nice for Valentine's day, or whether I should be planning to cook him a nice supper (I work that day, so I'm hoping I get supper made for me :) )

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
justusnak said:
Oh, and I have to find WHERE the mouse died in the basement. :sick :lol:
Might I suggest a terrier for that?
lol... I was going to say 'my dog would be able to find anything that smells gross in about 2 seconds flat... and then roll in it'

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Working and maybe some housecleaning and laundry on Saturday. Worship services, grocery shopping, and some paperwork on Sunday. My real weekend is Tues/Wed, usually. I'm pretty boring!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
well.....it's Valentine's Day on Sunday....so tomorrow I'm braving it and heading to town to get DH his gift - nothing fancy, will probably just get him something he can use, as we tend to give items we need/can use for holidays/special days.

Other than that, watching the eggs in the 'bator and probably vegging out. I get 3 days off from the kids schooling - er - I mean the kids have a 3 day weekend.... :lol:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
It's supposed to be dry and warm. I'll take the chicks outside and do some more cleaning in the front yard. They'll love to help with that :lol:

Hopefully I will finally get my shallots planted.

Participating in the backyard birdcount.

Got a doctor's apt.

Prune some of our peach trees.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have the house completely to myself tonight for the very first time in over 20 years! Just me and Alexander Keith's...heehee! Bought some really nice smelling soap and gonna have a bath and pamper. Hubby is gone on a mens weekend snowmobile thing and DS is sleeping out at a friends. House is clean, and I am just going to relax and maybe sleep half the day away tomorrow...ahhhh!
DH bought me a very good bottle of wine for Sunday when he gets back.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Well, since I travel most of the year (11 months) I'm here in Hobbs, NM. Not much here, so I think I'll spend the weekend playing with my new DROID phone and using the cool Geocaching app to go outside and see what I can find! :)

But first, I'm sleeping in tomorrow....BIG TIME!

P.S.

I am actually jealous of everyone who has projects going on at home...be it laundry, raised beds, preparing for spring, animals, etc. I fear I have actually gained about 15 pounds in the last year from sitting on my backside instead of busting it out on the farm. *sigh* :barnie :hit :th

*chanting to myself..."2 more years, 2 more years, 2 more years....."

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Awwwww, PG! I'm sorry..... :( How about I send you some sheeple poo in a package so you can feel "one" with us SSers? :D

BB, I am playing grasshopper this weekend and scavenging more firewood.....in the snow......in the freezing winds.....are ya gettin' all this, Pi-girl? :he Naw....it won't be that bad but I feel like a real fool for not being more prepared this year......let me tell ya..NEXT year...just you wait! :thumbsup