What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
yes, they'll also be the largest... but with our forecast for a lot of rainy cloudy weather they may not grow nearly as much as they would with more sunshine...
It's been constantly raining for the last days. Yesterday was able to do some work in the morning but it began raining in the afternoon and all night.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
2 weeks and all I see is grass coming up unless those are corn. Yeah, very stupid of me to be polite to myself..
Corn is in the grass family, but the seedlings are bigger. So I wait until the corn is ~2" tall before I pull out the grass. That was today! But not until after DS17 forgot where he planted corn and hoed out ~60 row feet of corn. 😖

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's been constantly raining for the last days. Yesterday was able to do some work in the morning but it began raining in the afternoon and all night.

it didn't begin raining last night here until after 6pm - otherwise it was a perfect day for me to get things planted.

today i only managed to pick some strawberries and that was it. did not finish picking through the whole patch, but i hope to get that done tomorrow if i can.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I did nothing today, not even water. I did tomato pruning yesterday and tighten a few that were growing crooked and straighten them out some. Peppers are as small as the grass or less, 🤣
I started late so I shouldn't complain. Also used a new gas trimmer. Why are they all now double strung? I get it works better but they are a pain to reload, 😬