What did you do in your garden today?

LaurenRitz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Landrace dry bean harvest so far. Planted in February as part of a cold tolerance test, started ripening just as the heat hit. No cullinary water, so probably 2/3 of the plants died of either the cold, the heat, or drought.
20240704_16524.jpg

Next year will be better. I'm tempted to plant a fall crop with these seeds and see what happens.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I knew you were just working. I have been having trouble with the site. Can't post pictures like I used to directly from my cell. Funny but no trouble at BYC site. Also got an email here by an admin that emails keep getting sent back or something like that yet every time someone posts, I get an email. I just delete them because I always stop by. I know I have not been having coffee with you guys but I am battling with "pereza" or really not doing much even if I know I have to do it.
One example: for the last 3months I brought a plastic container into my bathroom organize everything and just keep in there the necessary things like medications. So every day I have to roll it forward to get in the shower and the roll it back to open door. Story of my life!
I think the tomatoes and peppers got damaged big time on the last storm because there is barely anything on them and not growing as last year. The potato plant, we'll that one is growing and the garlic I did last week. They are getting taller. The corn is finally showing some ears in the making. Very excited for the corn because it was the best corn I have ever had.
Glad to see everyone around. Missed you and until later. Glad that all is quiet around here for the celebrations. I like what it means but not a gathering person. Some people get too wired up on those things, 😆 🤣

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I knew you were just working. I have been having trouble with the site. Can't post pictures like I used to directly from my cell. Funny but no trouble at BYC site. Also got an email here by an admin that emails keep getting sent back or something like that yet every time someone posts, I get an email. I just delete them because I always stop by. I know I have not been having coffee with you guys but I am battling with "pereza" or really not doing much even if I know I have to do it.
One example: for the last 3months I brought a plastic container into my bathroom organize everything and just keep in there the necessary things like medications. So every day I have to roll it forward to get in the shower and the roll it back to open door. Story of my life!
I think the tomatoes and peppers got damaged big time on the last storm because there is barely anything on them and not growing as last year. The potato plant, we'll that one is growing and the garlic I did last week. They are getting taller. The corn is finally showing some ears in the making. Very excited for the corn because it was the best corn I have ever had.
Glad to see everyone around. Missed you and until later. Glad that all is quiet around here for the celebrations. I like what it means but not a gathering person. Some people get too wired up on those things, 😆 🤣

Not just you on site issue with pictures. It keeps telling me that all pictures are too big of a file if they are over a megabyte.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Landrace dry bean harvest so far. Planted in February as part of a cold tolerance test, started ripening just as the heat hit. No cullinary water, so probably 2/3 of the plants died of either the cold, the heat, or drought.View attachment 26671

Next year will be better. I'm tempted to plant a fall crop with these seeds and see what happens.

i have a bazillion beans, just finishing up my last plantings for this year. we have about 75 more days at the earliest and sometimes we go later depending upon the first frost day. what i'm planting now might be sacrificial deer feed or just a cover crop, but there is also a chance i can get fresh beans or even dry beans from them. they are somewhat cold tolerant as i plant them also early in the spring.

if things go according to plan i will finish today. if not... :) not sure if this weather front coming by us will get down to us or just stay north.

Last edited:

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not just you on site issue with pictures. It keeps telling me that all pictures are too big of a file if they are over a megabyte.
The newer phones make bigger pictures than the older ones. You should be able to resize them on your phone with the picture editing program your phone has.

They ran into the issue earlier on at BYC and made the changes necessary for their resizing program to accept the bigger photos but have not done the upgrade for the sister sites. They have been made aware of the problem but their response might be better if someone would start a thread about it.

The issue is that any photos uploaded to the sister sites that are bigger than 2,000mp on a side gets resized by the sister sites down to 2,000mp on the longest side whether it is horizontal or vertical.

Their resizing program does not accept my photos that are 8,000mp on the long side but will take them if I resize them down to a maximum of 4,000mp on the longest side.

Latest posts