What did you do in your garden today?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The newer phones make bigger pictures than the older ones. You should be able to resize them on your phone with the picture editing program your phone has.

They ran into the issue earlier on at BYC and made the changes necessary for their resizing program to accept the bigger photos but have not done the upgrade for the sister sites. They have been made aware of the problem but their response might be better if someone would start a thread about it.

The issue is that any photos uploaded to the sister sites that are bigger than 2,000mp on a side gets resized by the sister sites down to 2,000mp on the longest side whether it is horizontal or vertical.

Their resizing program does not accept my photos that are 8,000mp on the long side but will take them if I resize them down to a maximum of 4,000mp on the longest side.

It's a new problem here. My phone is over 2 years old and only in about the last month has there been issues.

Resizing hasnt helped. Tried that first. Files still too big.

Only screenshotting the picture to get it to around 500 kb has helped since screenshots are small file size.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got a too large msg one day last week. Odd, same old phone, etc. Some other things shift now & then -- like the line at top disappears, can't access. So those pic, colors, etc. can't be used. Just as unannounced, they reappear. Maybe a day or a month :idunno :lol: here & BYH. Not at same time either.

Did nothing in garden....weed eating & tree trim in yards. HOT out. Got heat advisory warnings & all.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
noway was i going to get beans planted yesterday. you start with the best of intentions some days and then get sidetracked. for me it was watering the bean's i'd planted the day before and then i was distracted by thinking i could rinse some dirt out of the gravel and get my water work draining properly, it'd only take a few minutes... and then i got going and noticed how much quack grass was invading my garden and i better dig it out of there before i plant the beans otherwise i'd be back even worse than before and then since i was digging i might as well move some large tiles to make the edge a little harder for those grasses to come back in at least the eight feet i was already digging up, i could use a dozen more large tiles like that for the whole edge. nope, don't have that many. nice to have what i did.

the the rains came along and i was too hot and sweaty anyways. came in to rest up and cool off and drink some water before 2nd attempt. nope. not happening. rains finally came, gave everything a wonderful drink and gave me a day off for good behavior. or at least i like to think of it that ways. :)

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Some other things shift now & then -- like the line at top disappears, can't access. So those pic, colors, etc. can't be used. Just as unannounced, they reappear. Maybe a day or a month :idunno :lol: here & BYH. Not at same time either.
This sounds like you have accidentally or intentionally toggled into BB Code. If you click on the BB Code icon again, it will return to normal.

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Probably hit something wrong :lol: where is this SPOT???
This is what it looks like on a computer screen. It does look a little different on a phone screen.
1720306139528.png

1720306158858.png

After you click on BB Code it looks like this.
1720306250402.png

Click on BB Code again and it looks like this:
1720306299958.png

If you can see "Write your reply", you are not in BB Code. If you can't see "Write your reply", you are in BB Code.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@R2elk -- Yes -- on phone it's different. Rotate & more appears. So I probably hit in rotated view, then regular phone holding, things don't show ! So helpful, thank you!!..

As to GARDEN -- just had a fantastic rain about an hr ago. Saw clouds coming, so didn't turn on hose. It was predicted but, ya know how that goes. :lol:

Only about 45 min but a downpour!! Needed it. 👍

Latest posts