FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
This morning's visitor, staying clear of the garden so far
20240805_070007.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have jo clue how to do an electric fence. I am so worry about the chickens. I have prayed all day for it to go away and for God to protect His creation.
I will try to get a trap I guess. If not, will have to stay up at nights with the shotgun. Racoon jerky anyone?

i can trap raccoons here every night for weeks (i've done it) and decided it was pointless as they will keep making more. since they do no damage to anything we have or grow i don't bother any longer...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i did get some weeding done yesterday plus i picked some pea pods to dry down inside and then scouted the bean gardens to see if i could find some new beans that were edible and tasty. most of them were ok edible, but not fantastic or better than other beans i already go so the plan is to keep hoping for them to backcross with existing beans that are better and get them up to par. :) i do like the new seed coats so i just want to keep those but the rest of the traits i hope to recapture by backcrosses.

today is mowing so i won't be doing much else - i think it is time to get a new mower... by the time we get this one fixed it will probably cost about what it would to get a new one. it needs new wheels, the blade is shot, cables are bad and need replacing and it probably needs several hours of cleaning and repairs as it isn't running steady, but to figure that out would take someone a few hours so that adds up.