What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Forgotten in a dark spot. It's not rotten. Just that wiggle that old potatoes get. I think I counted 5 baby potatoes growing in there. I did stick it in a pot of soil because Mom was really insistent when she saw the pic.

View attachment 26952

potatoes do amazing things. even little bits of skin peeled can reform into a little potato if there is an eye to grow from and they don't even need light or leaves to do it.

here is a bit caught in the act

100_5178_Tater_Peel.jpg

and here is one that finished

100_5523_Tater_Tot.jpg

these were from the worm buckets before i learned to completely dry out potato peels before putting them in.

Nomadicus

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I won't be doing much today in the garden. Yesterday afternoon we got an unexpected wind and rain storm. One minute while in route home we got a few small drops on the windshield of or vehicle and without hardly a cloud a round and we dismissed it and 10 miles closer to home it was raining so hard we had to slow down. The in let up and we seemed to be out of it as we were about a mile from home. By the time we pulled into the drive way we had to make a run for house as we were getting what felt line winds. As we were closing the house door behind us it was raining harder than I've seen it rain in a long time. I'm going out now to see if there are limbs down as normal under the oaks that need to be gathered up. I hope the head high okra is still standing. I will have to pick the okra later today and that should be all there is that needs doing.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
potatoes do amazing things. even little bits of skin peeled can reform into a little potato if there is an eye to grow from and they don't even need light or leaves to do it.

here is a bit caught in the act

100_5178_Tater_Peel.jpg

and here is one that finished

100_5523_Tater_Tot.jpg

these were from the worm buckets before i learned to completely dry out potato peels before putting them in.

We had potatoes in the garden from peels several times when I was a kid. We would toss the peels out all fall and winter. Probably from my paring at that age more than Mom. Potatoes at least once a day so plenty of opportunity