What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i reshaped and dug a drainage trench in the garden i just finished weeding and then i started weeding back further along the edge because i'll need to dig it up and put it back down deeper, so while i was weeding i just kept going until i filled up the weed bucket and i was tired enough to take a break. i think i could finish weeding the rest of the garden in about an hour and a half so that's not too bad. but really i need to get the front part i just finished up so i will get that planted tomorrow and then work on the edge and the back part on Tues... oh, that's right, i gotta mow tomorrow so i will change that around to weeding a little in the morning and then mow and then plant Tues...

we did a walk around the fenced garden this morning to check out how things were doing. i have baby beans coming along and peas in the pods are also showing up. :) green pepper about 3/4 size and hot pepper about half size. plenty of weeds showing up to get after in there too, but they can wait for a week or two. all the rest of the disasters need it more first than those few weeds.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went for mulch. Took 2 traps along with cantaloupe to bait. Set those. At least one in there, looking back at me , 😅

Attachments

• IMG_20240630_132926883_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20240630_132926883_HDR~2.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 14

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a nightmare aversion to drip lines, after Dad (early stages of dementia) decided it was time to dig the compost pit and cut all the lines to get them out of the way. SMH

i have an aversion to things that seem to be asking for even more trouble and that kind of thing strikes me as that indeed. besides animals wanting to chew them to get more water, to being walked on and damaged by people who don't care to be observant or careful to just random acts of me being a klutzoid.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Darn technology! Hard to find those back and forth sprinklers. Now they are either tall and round, lol I like the old fashioned ones.

i know they still make them but you may have to search around to find 'em. check the local hardware stores, if anything they can order one for you if you don't want to order one yourself.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Darn technology! Hard to find those back and forth sprinklers. Now they are either tall and round, lol I like the old fashioned ones.

I can't use the side to side oscillating sprinkler because my water pressure isn't high enough. I do have a more modern back and forth oscillating made by Melnor that is the only sprinkler that has worked well here. Can vary the width and how far it goes each way. They make a variety of sprinklers.

Found them on Amazon.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we got an early start on mowing, so i went out and weeded until Mom got to the part where i take over. there was so much dew on the plants i was weeding that my gloves turned into me feeling i was playing with mud pies and i was having to scrape my fingers with the large knife i use for weeding. mowing was much more easy conceptually and also coordinatedally...