What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Same here, 99 cent pork butts. Not cooking now but I did put 6 in the freezer! I'm thinking I'll get one, chunk & can, grind part to freeze in 1# pkg. I like to use one for BBQ. Makes several pkg to freeze for heat & eat in winter. Another place had skinned/boneless chicken breasts under $2#. Will can some more of those.

Got to buy when prices are good!

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My store’s sale was because it is a brand new store that just opened on Thursday. Lots of good deals these first weeks. ($7.99/# boneless ribeye that I stocked up on.)

So, just over 11 hours for the smoked pork butt! Internal temp was 196. I never did look at the weight. So yummy! (Lol, we ate our salads 2 hours ago. I had some ice cream… pork is dessert! 😂

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I worked all day & last job was in a grocery store. It was 5 and I was getting hungry...only there 1/2 HR and smelled their fried chicken at the deli. Ahhh, a treat!! Went there and only leg quarters fried up 🥴😢. I wanted breast tenderloins. 😔😫 So, I bought a box of 8 fresh baked cookies & came home to a sandwich....with desert cookie. 🙄. Maybe next time.

Latest posts