What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Liver soup?

it was horrible and then i kept making it worse by trying to rescue it so i had even more horrible. i could not eat it. had to flush it all... :(

tomatoes and liver were the first two ingredients. then it was a lot of rice and frozen veggies and some hot sauce and onions, plenty of onions and garlic and then, flush...

it was one of the few things i've cooked that i could not eat.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds horrible, too :lol: and I like fried liver (only calf) with lots of onions. Oh, fried chicken livers, too.

I don't use pork liver, just seems grainy textured. 🫤
If I have one butchered, I do use for cats...they like it cooked & chopped up.

Tonight...home cooked hamburger, pastured beef from farmer. FRESH tomato from garden :drool and fresh onion, mayo. This morning I had a tomato sandwich for breakfast!!! 😁

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stuffed peppers, yum!

IMG_6268.jpeg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
all the meat loaf is gone, choices tonight are a ham sandwich on homemade bread or more likely i'll finish off the beans in a burrito. i have a small onion i can use up from today's weeding so that is a perfect garnish.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i made grilled cheese to go along with corn on the cob. microwaves are a great invention for corn on the cob. cut off the end a little, pull a few of the outer leaves off and then nuke it until done. depending upon how strong your microwave is... ours i can do a half dozen ears put them in four on the bottom two stacked on top, nuke for 6 minutes, rotate the outer ones to the inner and the top to the bottom and then nuke for another 5 minutes. if you leave the microwave closed it will also keep the corn warm. :)