Chocolate/Cherry.............

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
....CHEESE! :D

Found some in an Amish grocery store yesterday while traveling to the Dandelion Wine Festival. Had to at least give it a try.....

IT IS TO DIE FOR!!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Details, please! So we can re-create it in our kitchens!!
This cheese from Troyer's Country Market.
http://www.troyerscountrymarket.com/
I can not find it listed on their web site.

Sugar, Carnstarch, milk, water, whey, milk protein concentrate, milkfat, cream, salt,blue food coloring, red food coloring, refined cane sugar, citric acid, extracs or artificial flavor, certified color including FD&C yellow, Tartazine, Zanthan, Sodium Benzoate and potassium sorbate as preservative.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wow, that ingredient list is not what comes to mind when one says "Amish...." :/ To die for, for sure.... :(

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I don't have too many of those ingredients in my cupboard :lol:
Neither do we, that's why we just bought a SMALL chunk of this "cheese" to try out. :drool
Darn good thing that place is over an hour away from us. :gig

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Wow, that ingredient list is not what comes to mind when one says "Amish...." :/ To die for, for sure.... :(
I found it hard to believe they called it cheese. It tastes more like fudge......

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, but a cheese label should say things like milk, cultures, rennet, salt. A fudge label should say things like sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, vanilla, salt. Something called chocolate-cherry should have cocoa and cherries in it! Waaaaaaa!!!

Yup, I can picture some little old Amish lady in her sunny kitchen, with the woodstove blazing nearby, carefully measuring out the potassium sorbate! :p

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Yup, I can picture some little old Amish lady in her sunny kitchen, with the woodstove blazing nearby, carefully measuring out the potassium sorbate! :p
:lol: :gig :lol: :gig

Thank GOD it is a "once a year" sin thing for us!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
OK, now I am thinking....strain some chevre well, stir in some sweet cherries, and swirl in some type of fudge sauce, maybe that coconut butter version Bubblingbrooks posted or linked to once.....marbling it attractively. Made with raw goat's milk, plenty of organic cherries from the farmer's market, and lovely organic coconut butter and raw local wildflower honey.

Served with chocolate black bean cake!

Now we're talkin'......... :drool