Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Crowsfoot or Bermuda or some other grass? All I know is... it grows everywhere. Even in the bed of farm truck. Pfft who needs soil? :D
Screenshot_20240720_233615_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My old hen with 2 wk-old chicks, took them on their first outdoor trail adventure 🤣 one barn to another, tall grass & all. About 100' between ... Just checked to be sure but, she had them back in their barn, all tucked in and safe 🥰 Usually she has kept them in & around their barn. Such a good momma! Looks like I hen, 1 roo 🤷 another hen in same barn has 4 eggs left...should hatch any good ones about Wed.

I love to watch hens & chicks. Always home schooling.☺️👏

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My old hen with 2 wk-old chicks, took them on their first outdoor trail adventure 🤣 one barn to another, tall grass & all. About 100' between ... Just checked to be sure but, she had them back in their barn, all tucked in and safe 🥰 Usually she has kept them in & around their barn. Such a good momma! Looks like I hen, 1 roo 🤷 another hen in same barn has 4 eggs left...should hatch any good ones about Wed.

I love to watch hens & chicks. Always home schooling.☺️👏
CHICKEN TV is entertaining, I occasionally switch channels 😀

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have that in my "garden" 😁. Prolific!!! Don't really know what it is -- beyond stubborn :lol:

scrape early and scrape often and that helps avoid a lot of later work. once some sorts of crabgrasses begin to creep it gets much harder to remove them (which is what i've been doing the past week of weeding as a lot of different grasses blew in from the south field... and then the usual suspects too have been showing up including a few poison ivy sprouts).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nooooo!!!!!!!!!
:eek:

it's all over the place around here. i've knocked back quite a bit of it over the years but unless there is a statewide attempt to eradicated it there's not much chance it will ever be completely gone. right now the wild grapevines are much more of a PITA than the poison ivy (and don't get me going about thistles...)...