Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
doing ok here. today is garden club meeting and no plans at all to do any outside gardening. i wandered around and took pictures of most of the vegetable gardens and most of them have plenty of weeds so i'm documenting the before and may or may not get to the after... :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Deer are our largest visitor here 😀 Plentiful, too. With extreme dry for a few weeks, they have made use of my water tubs as well as the grasses in my lower fields, plenty of shade trees & established grass -- and fawns with them. They've really cleared about an acre of farmers cotton crop by the woods. 🫤 Almost all.

Finally, good rains a few days ago...they say more late today. It has cooled to mid 80s. Love that! 🙂

After I finish morning coffee, I'll be thinking what I'll do today...home or work. 🤣

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Deer are our largest visitor here 😀 Plentiful, too. With extreme dry for a few weeks, they have made use of my water tubs as well as the grasses in my lower fields, plenty of shade trees & established grass -- and fawns with them. They've really cleared about an acre of farmers cotton crop by the woods. 🫤 Almost all.

Finally, good rains a few days ago...they say more late today. It has cooled to mid 80s. Love that! 🙂

After I finish morning coffee, I'll be thinking what I'll do today...home or work. 🤣
Last evening

20240717_203925.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Worked yesterday...too wet to plow 😂 and another big, hard rain late day. Sat in car a while when I got home, to not be soaked running to house. Anyway, jobs were all done for the week, so home until Mon or Tues. Being a little lazy today, doing "light" jobs as I wander around the farm.

Have chicks hatching...3 hens on communal nest 🥴 poor chicks. Collected 19 eggs, 17 yesterday. So, hard boiled some of others I hadn't given away (4.5 dzn yesterday). Egg salad & maybe some potato salad, too. 🤔 I'd like to make a pound cake but not, because of oven heat. Of course, I'd like to bake a chicken, too -- same deal, too hot.... :old

Better get set up to give 1 hen a pen with chicks tonight.👍

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Worked yesterday...too wet to plow 😂 and another big, hard rain late day. Sat in car a while when I got home, to not be soaked running to house. Anyway, jobs were all done for the week, so home until Mon or Tues. Being a little lazy today, doing "light" jobs as I wander around the farm.

enjoy your long weekend! :)

can you freeze some of those eggs?