Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The bees have been super happy in the yard this year. I usually mow a bit over 2 acres but i don't think Ive done even 1 this year. I left the front to grow some because I wanted to pick a bunch of the self heal that grows out there. Also picked changing forget-me-nots. It looks like a nice meadow at the moment. The tallest thing in this area are the daisies and trefoil. Then transitions to a shorter grass and marsh bedstraw. The grass in the back is in the lower spots that flood in winter. That stuff is over 6 foot.

20240711_195247.jpg

Last edited:

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone! Just sitting here in front of my :caf about to get me a 2nd cup of ☕. I don't know why I haven't been checking in lately like I used to do. It's not like I'm not like in front of my computer anyway.
Later on this morning I have dentist appointment at the same time funeral services for my best friend in New York is happening. She passed away very unexpectedly and suddenly last Friday afternoon in her apartment. I know if I was her boyfriend (husband as she liked to call him) I would be suing her doctor for malpractice, neglect and whatever else I could seeing how she had been telling her doctor for months it felt like something was in her throat and he kept saying nothing is wrong.
Hope everyone has a good FRIDAY and enjoyable weekend!!!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All day rain yesterday & last night....couple inches plus. May -- way over needed rain. June -- light drought/extreme heat. July -- extra hot, now some rain. Such out of norm weather. It's hard to plan.

Apparently I've had enough rains -- still having to cut pastures 😳 not enough animals???? :lol: :lol:

There's a though worth erasing -- hay prices are killer.

Slept late. Wonderful deep sleep. Feels good. Fresh coffee, overcast, lower temps and too wet to do much outside :idunno just saying......relax

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good thoughts but, NO ONE will bring expensive equipment onto "unknown" fields. I don't blame them :idunno BUY MORE????:lol: reselling can be danger lurking. Just cut & moan. I have considered a couple calves but, waaaay expensive now. So, no.
Geese!!!!!

Yum, yum, yum!

I am loving mine!

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Baby goose hatched! First mom-hatched goose we’ve had. Cute little hissy.
Tons of rain.
One week until I see my sailor, trying to turn the excitement into cleaning fuel. Yesterday I started to tackle the tool cabinet and storage organizing stuff; but I ran out of time so finishing it today.
Baby goat is becoming an outdoor goat, but hasn’t figured out how to drink from a bowl yet. Mostly shoves her nose in the water and screams/sneezes while running away. But she did lay on her side so I’d pet her stomach the other day. She might think she’s a dog…and it might be my fault lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Job work yesterday & today, tomorrow planned for same. Short days all. HOT, like so many others. Keeping cool water for livestock is my main concern. Usually end up dumping some late day, too warm. Filling with fresh, cold from well. I'm popular🤣 with that change out.

Chickens laying less -- heat factor. Another hen should have chicks hatching wed/Thu...then next week the ones sharing a nest spot will start hatching those eggs.

About it for here. :idunno Hope everyone is well. 👍