Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well that's some freezers of meat
Yep. 😊. It makes me want to raise a few again. :lol: but ain't happening anymore. Kind of a shame since I have pastures to cut. Winter hay stops me, as do prices now for both animal & hay! I can buy a qtr or half from a farmer with no extra work. 😁

Besides, I have goats meat on the hoof 👍

Went to work yesterday. More today & tomorrow. We've have rains of some amount every day and more until Friday. Makes fields green and growing but, too wet to work in them. My goats hate the wetness. 🤷 Plenty of shelter for them to stand & complain 🤣

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At least you don't need to count all the babies on both hands like with chicks...;);):gig:gig

Never saw where you had weaned the calves off last year. I don't post alot but try to check in somewhat regularly... Are all 3 calves this year bulls also? If Romeo was an angus, and produced bull calves like that, he would be worth a small fortune from a farmer that was raising terminal calves... in other words, wanted a calf crop strictly to sell them as bull/steer calves are worth more than heifers to sell as feeders.

How has the garden been doing? How about all the grafted trees and such....
Have you had a dry year like so many of us here in the south? Hot there?
Yes ma'ma, thats 6 of 6 bull calves for romeo.
Screenshot_20240719_185648_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
1st two timed I read "sugary" must be hungry!

Is it doing alright in the mean time? Just hanging out as a super sliced finger?

3 stitches and in a brace to prevent me using any fingers so I don't put any stress on the tendon in case whats there at the knuckle isn't attached well.

Only minimal pain. Only hurts if I try and do something

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep. 😊. It makes me want to raise a few again. :lol: but ain't happening anymore. Kind of a shame since I have pastures to cut. Winter hay stops me, as do prices now for both animal & hay! I can buy a qtr or half from a farmer with no extra work. 😁

Besides, I have goats meat on the hoof 👍

Went to work yesterday. More today & tomorrow. We've have rains of some amount every day and more until Friday. Makes fields green and growing but, too wet to work in them. My goats hate the wetness. 🤷 Plenty of shelter for them to stand & complain 🤣

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Latest posts