Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! 😁

Coffee was lovely, way earlier. I've been emptying the done figs from dehydrator, leaving undones to finish. Have a pot cooking down for preserves -- the too ripe for drying ones. Then a pan of tomatoes for cooking down & canning...should be a canner full between the 2 projects. 👍 Between stirring pots, I'm getting some "here & there" things done in the house. Worked 50 hrs last week and taking it slow today. Cooking is fun, just sometimes annoying 😂. Today I have the time to do it, no pressure.

Where is everyone ????? 😳

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I’m here but still without my laptop.

I went to an estate sale Friday full price. Spent 2 bucks.

Went back yesterday cus I found an Elna sewing machine just like mine, that I bought used for $500 back in 1974. Yesterday it was down to $20, but I found it wouldn’t work. Dang.

Went back this am where everything left is one dollar. I bought the machine for a buck. When I plugged in my power/foot from my machine, it worked. So it’s a power issue. Son is taking the foot apart to find the problem.

I’ll be donating it to my sis who volunteers with a LEGAL immigrant organization. Many of those women want sewing machines so my old machine and this one will be donated when I see sis in November.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I’m here but still without my laptop.

I went to an estate sale Friday full price. Spent 2 bucks.

Went back yesterday cus I found an Elna sewing machine just like mine, that I bought used for $500 back in 1974. Yesterday it was down to $20, but I found it wouldn’t work. Dang.

Went back this am where everything left is one dollar. I bought the machine for a buck. When I plugged in my power/foot from my machine, it worked. So it’s a power issue. Son is taking the foot apart to find the problem.

I’ll be donating it to my sis who volunteers with a LEGAL immigrant organization. Many of those women want sewing machines so my old machine and this one will be donated when I see sis in November.
Very nice. Is it a local org or national? I have my mom's sewing machine

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have 3 machines. DD wanted one from mom, so I gave it to her, I didn't need 4. She hasn't used it in 5 yrs, so?? I don't ask. It works like new, I know that.

But, I haven't used mine in almost 2 yrs -- who am I to say anything. Hey, one day I may sew some more.🤷

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Jewish Family Service . It’s all over the US for 152 years. It used to be Jewish, but now is non secular. They are tasked with helping the US govt provide goods to incoming legal immigrants. Those who have been vetted by our govt for legal immigration. It frequently takes years to come over.

Nancy is a volunteer for the last two years.

I found out that the power/foot pedal wasn’t working. It’s shorting out within the molded L shaped prong that gets inserted into the machine. Now im on the look out for a replacement plug.

Of, one of the co founders of JFS was also a co founder of United Way.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Where is everyone ????? 😳

busy getting ready for visitors today and then having brunch with them and giving a tour and then laying down and resting after they left.

getting back to hot and humid outside this afternoon so i wouldn't have done much outside anyways, but instead of gardening this morning much (i only got outside for about 10 minutes to do some weeding in one spot that Mom finds really difficult to do - i could do in a few minutes what would take her a half hour or longer to do) i was getting my room cleaned up.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Mini Horses and @farmerjan and anyone else in Virginia,
If you know of a plus size lady that's getting married and still looking for a wedding dress ( size 22W) I am selling mine plus the accessories (garment bag, veil, shoes [Size 8 NEVER WORN] and dress belt) for $150. The dress and garment bag was originally $130 by themselves. The dress, garment bag is from David's Bridal, where the shoes, veil, and belt are all from shein.
1722328543963.png
1722328568525.png
1722328593560.png
1722328616286.png
1722328642183.png
1722328665551.png
1722328686811.png
1722328709484.png
1722328741221.png