Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rattlesnakes are a problem on the other side of the mountains where I grew up. See mostly those, garters, and bull snakes. We'd encountered many different species when camping in the smaller mountain range over there. The Cascades are a barrier. Guess the venomous ones don't like the wet

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I think I’ll sort some sheep this morning. I need to sort out the 7 young ewes born in April and put them in a pen until I can get up a temporary fence for a bit of pasture. Then turn in one of the rams, to breed the ewes. Need to sort out one ewe to go in with another ram. She is going to a friend and I offered to breed her to a ram unrelated to his sheep(that he got from me).

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Slept late. Coffee just finished brew -- enjoying cup now!

Back to 80s for weekend, with some sky moisture I don't particularly want right now -- tomorrow evening. Never know until it happens ! But next week while I'm at work would be my preference. :idunno not weekend I'm home.

I'm planning to can some meats...so cooler is better.
There's that ;)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got sheep sorted and moved around. Of course it rained on me. I had to run get sheets and blankets off the line and inside. Then back to work in the rain. Thankfully not a hard rain and no lightning. One ewe had a bad cut at top of her hoof and was limping badly. I soaked her foot on a coffee can of water, cleaned it and applied purple spray. I wrapped it in vet wrap to keep the mud out and she is in a pen by herself.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got sheep sorted and moved around. Of course it rained on me. I had to run get sheets and blankets off the line and inside. Then back to work in the rain. Thankfully not a hard rain and no lightning. One ewe had a bad cut at top of her hoof and was limping badly. I soaked her foot on a coffee can of water, cleaned it and applied purple spray. I wrapped it in vet wrap to keep the mud out and she is in a pen by herself.
What is purple spray? I may need to get some, just in case.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Blukote is great stuff, if you have a bottle break and spill/spray all over your kitchen floor get rubbing alcohol and pour it on and wipe up asap. Not that I’ve ever had that happen…half a bottle of alcohol but mom's floors aren’t stained!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Blukote is great stuff, if you have a bottle break and spill/spray all over your kitchen floor get rubbing alcohol and pour it on and wipe up asap. Not that I’ve ever had that happen…half a bottle of alcohol but mom's floors aren’t stained!

I always end up purple fingered for a couple days whenever I have to use it. Too klutzy