Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tank got his first duck :thumbsup

Screenshot_20240829_211653_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nothing like walking out the backdoor in the dark to find freshly born common ribbon snakes. Momma ribbon snake gives live birth of 6 to 24 baby snakes, I only seen 4 babies and no momma. Oh well... It is about that time of the year again, isnt it? I've seen so many snakes this year already, I need to watch for vipers. Most snakes are ok, vipers (cotton mouths & copperheads) are not ok. It takes a while to learn to identify all the differnt ones we have around here.
Screenshot_20240829_213352_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240829_213500_Gallery.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i saw a very nice sized snake yesterday. it's prime snake habitat around here too with all the rock piles and places for rodents to hide. luckily we don't have much in the way of venomous snakes here (the swamp rattler is not very common but has been seen in our neighborhood, but they don't normally get this far away from the river and areas near there that flood from time to time).

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was reseaching ribbon snakes last night. There are a few differnt kinds and they a species of garter snake. Are active at dusk and dawn during spring and fall, and nocturnal during hot summer months. They eat amphibians and are non vevenomous. Their presence shows good ecosystem health. So it good to see them and have around.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We only have garters here. There is a chance for rubber boas but I've never seen one. Im always rescuing the garter snakes
The place I used to trout fish is snake haven. I was sitting on the spillway which is covered in deep riff raff (rocks of various sizes). The best place to fish for trout in that lake in my opinion 😋.

There is a "curfew" at the lake, it basicly dawn to dusk. The sun started going down and out came the snakes from the riff raff I was sitting on. I wasn't able to identify them then as well as I can now. But I do recall trying to figure out how I was going to get up, gather all my stuff and walk back to the truck without getting bit. 🙃 Well I did it and didn't get bit. But I haven't been back there since then :\.