Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I got 3 small hogs, 50-60 pounds. There were 9 all together in Bennett’s trap. His cousin had first dibs on the bigger 2 does and he took the rest of the little ones. Son and I hung them off the tractor bucket to skin, gut and quarter. They are packed on ice, I’ll process Friday or Saturday. He came in Tuesday night and has to be back at work Friday evening. He is working south of New Orleans, below sea level and left before hurricane Francine hit. Today we take my tractor and his big riding zero turn mower and go mow his place. It drizzled rain on us while doing the hogs.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm home here today. Need to survey and prioritize the "must do" things. Great weather this week but rains next week....so, what must/can get done between now & Sunday. Tomorrow's jobs are scheduled but may fall thru without the program materials being received at store. Will know tonight. Kinda hope they're no show 🤫😂

Farmers are harvesting like crazy this week.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm home here today. Need to survey and prioritize the "must do" things. Great weather this week but rains next week....so, what must/can get done between now & Sunday. Tomorrow's jobs are scheduled but may fall thru without the program materials being received at store. Will know tonight. Kinda hope they're no show 🤫😂

Farmers are harvesting like crazy this week.
Silos are filling up around here also. I tell my neighbors "keep farming" I really enjoy harvest season.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Neighbor came up in the drive in a hurry and asked me if I had a "rope plug". I must have looked at him confused because he then said said "to plug a flat tire". I said yep sure do, so I went to the barn and gave him a whole unopened fix a flat flat tire kit. Shortly after, he's was back combining again. He'll return the kit when he has time. I'll probably find it by the back door tomorrow morning, if not thats OK also. Fact is it's a good hour round trip to town and back and that's a total waste of time when harvest is game on.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Having a glass of ice tea. I’m tired and back is sore. Been “hoggin” all day. Still not done. I packaged back straps, tenderloins, then cut all the meat off the bones. I got 6 pounds of Boar Burger and 9 pounds of pan sausage. Still have to bag and vacuum seal the pan sausage. It’s on the refrigerator now. I cleaned up my mess sat down. I’ll be going out to feed dogs and sheep soon. I got to haul off bones and trimmings.

I packaged 2 pounds of flanks for dog meat.i have about a pound of scrap meat cooked for the dogs to go over their kibble in a short while. Carson is looking in the window, telling me it’s time to eat. Sigh……. Did I mention I’m tired?

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The oldest dog in our house passed (17) and then I pet sat a friends dog for about two weeks… I’m not built for this cleaning up my own crumbs life. I’ve not been without a dog in the house in a while, it’s an odd adjustment. But with life changing I guess it might be a good thing to not have that extra. But man is it weird.
On the bright side, the dog I was pet sitting was a hoot. The cat is happy to be queen of ‘her’ castle again and I don’t get woken up in the middle of the night.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The oldest dog in our house passed (17) and then I pet sat a friends dog for about two weeks… I’m not built for this cleaning up my own crumbs life. I’ve not been without a dog in the house in a while, it’s an odd adjustment. But with life changing I guess it might be a good thing to not have that extra. But man is it weird.
On the bright side, the dog I was pet sitting was a hoot. The cat is happy to be queen of ‘her’ castle again and I don’t get woken up in the middle of the night.

Im sorry for the loss of your dog. 17 was a good run though