Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know after a couple huge hurricanes, repair items were in short supply. Materials to make more of some things also....🤷. It's a wait and see thing.

The damage to some crops will trickle down from the hurricane. Uprooted pecan groves, fields of grains for oils, flour, etc....loss of more poultry farms for meat & egg, processing plants. Those will show up before long in grocery & restaurants. We who have plenty stocked won't notice as much. đź‘Ť But some suppliers will be short the usual amounts.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good news re: dock strike ---

But the union representing the striking U.S. dockworkers, the International Longshoremen’s Association, reached a deal Thursday to suspend the strike until Jan. 15 to provide time to negotiate a new contract. The union’s members will resume working immediately at least until January.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
During the covid TP run we got one pack at Costco. Only because we needed to buy our pack anyway. We buy it about every 7-8 months.

Ive camped enough as a kid and teen. I know how to dig a cat hole and what plants can be safely used. Or since we're on an ancient gravity septic, can haul water and wash if no power as well

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On Wednesday, I noticed that Maverick smelled not so good. It bothered me for a bit. So on a break from the Master Preservers class, I looked at his leg. Swollen, red, smells. Called my regular vet and got an appt to drop him off Friday morning.

Of course, neither hubs nor son were available to take him in. I had an eye doc appt that I've made over 2 months ago, and I was NOT GOING TO BE MISSING IT!

When I picked him up at 4:15 yesterday, they said yes, the lower part of the incision is infected. He's now on antiobiotics for the next 10 days.

Latest posts