Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Since I live out from town, I keep a good stock of things because if I run out, it’s a pain to drive 25 miles for one item, then 25 miles back. So these emergencies of panic buying can just pass me by.

The government response to the people in west North Carolina is a failure. FEMA is out of money, it has been plundered to give illegal aliens free everything. I will stop there so I don’t go on a rant.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I keep about the same amount of food stored as Mom and Grandma did when I was growing up. Or great Aunt for that matter. Never know when a wind or ice storm will come through and cause problems for a few weeks there.

Mom was looking at the Emergency Food Supply they sell at Costco. Last time she was looking it was some random thing she saw on Facebook. I've broke her of clicking the links there, though. My brother appreciates that.

I had to explain that the freeze dried stuff was mostly low quality and not very good because the companies are going for cheapest. Only a couple brands are decent and they are all aimed at hikers. The Emergency Survival stuff isn't enough calories per meal and a large part of their calorie count is sugar drink mixes. Mom also has a wheat allergy and pastas are most common meal type.