Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee & a bowl of oatmeal to start the day. Cool & sunny. Making this an outside day. Limited work, with tractor in sick bay, waiting on parts to arrive. Prob wed/Thu...dang. Was off all week, great weather, sick tractor & 8 acres to mow 😩 maybe next weekend it will be fixed 🤷 it's holding up a few projects.

It's definitely plant garlic day!! Containers lined up, pile of dirt & barn gold ready to fill them, add cloves. 👍

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
Yes it is I. you all have been on my mind, I know its been a long 10 months.
To make a long , long.... story short, I have been nursing my DH, he has Metastatic prostate cancer. It is on the prostate, in the pelvic lymphatic system, 6 lesions in 6 different places on pelvic bone, right hip socket and right femur neck. He had a catheter from may1 to aug 7th, had a TURP surgery on the 6th of Aug, and recovered very well from that. no more catheter. He is not doing any traditional chemo or radiation. He is doing everything naturopathic, very extreme anti cancer diet. In short, We are doing the best we can so his remaining days are livable good quality of life. All of our large family has been through the processing stage and things are back to a much different new normal.
I am fine, I had to put a hen down on Friday due to extreme brumble foot infection, now I have one that seems to have a plugged gizzard, so, life moves on.
IMG_5573.jpeg
I split ( with the log splitter ) and stacked 4 cords of fire wood, cleared deep brush along northside of the driveway and took down 8 trees , bucked the limbs and cut into rounds and
hauled them up by the garage ( it was heavy!) to dry over the next year.
IMG_5698.jpgIMG_5702.jpg

I have 3 left to do here.
IMG_5701.jpgIMG_5700.jpg

On the southside I cleared more trees and brush. Have 3 LG brush piles over there and one tree I need to finish bucking and round up. Gary comes out and helps with what he can, its good to be active but not over do it. He took the very big tree down for me, it was a bit intimidating. there are 3 standing dead he wants to cut so we will get those in a week or so.

I went out yesterday and finished dragging limbs over to the brush pile we will burn next spring.
IMG_5794.jpg

I pray you all are well, and your families are also. I am going to go get the dogs fed and dress for church.
I am starting a women's Bible study next Tuesday. I'll be teaching from 1 & 2 Peter.
I apologize, I havent kept up on the thread news.
love,
Becky

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya know -- now is a good time to consider how to live like many did 50 yrs ago! When you read the devastation from these natural disasters, it's pretty obvious we need to "know how". There are communities that have housing but are totally cut from electric, Internet -- roads totally gone. Just sitting there needing to survive, maybe for months!

Our modern conveniences are great. I don't want to lose any but, could I do well without them? I could. Where I live, it would be a long shot to be more than a week without power BUT --- those thoughts of survival come to surface when I read of these disasters. My DD laughs at me but, my planning & supplies keep me mentally prepared. Things I don't use often are here, in case. 😊. Yeah, she'd be knocking on my door -- I'd have her covered
238e3f0acd7897538ae17ffa1c6c46dc-original.jpg

Prayers and support to all the families affected by hurricanes helene and milton

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
To make a long , long.... story short, I have been nursing my DH, he has Metastatic prostate cancer. It is on the prostate, in the pelvic lymphatic system, 6 lesions in 6 different places on pelvic bone, right hip socket and right femur neck. He had a catheter from may1 to aug 7th, had a TURP surgery on the 6th of Aug, and recovered very well from that. no more catheter. He is not doing any traditional chemo or radiation. He is doing everything naturopathic, very extreme anti cancer diet. In short, We are doing the best we can so his remaining days are livable good quality of life. All of our large family has been through the processing stage and things are back to a much different new normal.
I am fine, I had to put a hen down on Friday due to extreme brumble foot infection, now I have one that seems to have a plugged gizzard, so, life moves on.
View attachment 27256
I split ( with the log splitter ) and stacked 4 cords of fire wood, cleared deep brush along northside of the driveway and took down 8 trees , bucked the limbs and cut into rounds and
View attachment 27257View attachment 27258

View attachment 27260View attachment 27261

On the southside I cleared more trees and brush. Have 3 LG brush piles over there and one tree I need to finish bucking and round up. Gary comes out and helps with what he can, its good to be active but not over do it. He took the very big tree down for me, it was a bit intimidating. there are 3 standing dead he wants to cut so we will get those in a week or so.

I went out yesterday and finished dragging limbs over to the brush pile we will burn next spring.
View attachment 27259

I pray you all are well, and your families are also. I am going to go get the dogs fed and dress for church.
I am starting a women's Bible study next Tuesday. I'll be teaching from 1 & 2 Peter.
love,
Becky

Im sorry. I hope the days are all good ones

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Got a beautiful new daughter today ❤️. Wedding made me cry, praying for them made me cry and when she called me dad for the first time, ofcourse it made me cry. Perhaps the best wedding yet. Very simple just family, wedding, brunch, dance, 2 hour break, then the reception. Lots of booze, I no longer drink so I had water on the rocks 😎

Prayers and support to all the families affected by hurricane helene and milton.
Sounds great!

But... the brunch and dance was not the reception?

-blink, blink-

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
View attachment 27256
View attachment 27257View attachment 27258

View attachment 27260View attachment 27261

View attachment 27259

love,
Becky
Well, that is a huge update.

:hugs

I am glad he is getting around some, and that you have the Bible study to focus on.