Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
Yes it is I. you all have been on my mind, I know its been a long 10 months.
To make a long , long.... story short, I have been nursing my DH, he has Metastatic prostate cancer. It is on the prostate, in the pelvic lymphatic system, 6 lesions in 6 different places on pelvic bone, right hip socket and right femur neck. He had a catheter from may1 to aug 7th, had a TURP surgery on the 6th of Aug, and recovered very well from that. no more catheter. He is not doing any traditional chemo or radiation. He is doing everything naturopathic, very extreme anti cancer diet. In short, We are doing the best we can so his remaining days are livable good quality of life. All of our large family has been through the processing stage and things are back to a much different new normal.
I am fine, I had to put a hen down on Friday due to extreme brumble foot infection, now I have one that seems to have a plugged gizzard, so, life moves on.
View attachment 27256
I split ( with the log splitter ) and stacked 4 cords of fire wood, cleared deep brush along northside of the driveway and took down 8 trees , bucked the limbs and cut into rounds and
hauled them up by the garage ( it was heavy!) to dry over the next year.
View attachment 27257View attachment 27258

I have 3 left to do here.
View attachment 27260View attachment 27261

On the southside I cleared more trees and brush. Have 3 LG brush piles over there and one tree I need to finish bucking and round up. Gary comes out and helps with what he can, its good to be active but not over do it. He took the very big tree down for me, it was a bit intimidating. there are 3 standing dead he wants to cut so we will get those in a week or so.

I went out yesterday and finished dragging limbs over to the brush pile we will burn next spring.
View attachment 27259

I pray you all are well, and your families are also. I am going to go get the dogs fed and dress for church.
I am starting a women's Bible study next Tuesday. I'll be teaching from 1 & 2 Peter.
I apologize, I havent kept up on the thread news.
love,
Becky
Every time I open this thread, I’m looking to see if you have posted. I’m sorry that your husband has been so ill. That’s a hard thing to deal with. I pray that he is not in pain. Big hugs to you and please take good care of yourself. Firewood is good exercise!

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning wonderful people!
This weekend has been very hectic and LOTS more crazy than any other weekend and my house suffered LOTS so I'm going to make a quick run to family dollar for a couple things I need then going to work on the house more.
I say H and I had the good man UPSTAIRS on our side on Friday afternoon because the can truck he was using to pick that construction dumpster up the wheel bearing front passenger side (my side) decided to give out as we was going down 460 and he nursed it to dollar general (which is on the corner of 460 and 153), when his co-worker got to us and he jacked it up the tire went \ (just like that) and he even said Y'all are damn lucky to have made it this far. Believe me I was hoping, praying and doing everything I could to keep calm and relaxed but I was scared sh**less, nervous and worried all at once. It wasn't that I didn't have faith in my H and trust his driving or his ability to control the truck if the tire did come off. Then on Sat we worked outside getting the pen set up for Donny and Daizy Duck plus we even set more of the Halloween display up so later on tonight at dusk I'll take pics and post them tomorrow. Yesterday H had to work for about an hour and I went with him. First weekend in long time we both had the same days off so we enjoyed the time together.

Attachments

• 20241011_121231.jpg
    20241011_121231.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 5

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
💕
Ya, a truck load, I had to take him to the ER ( 35min away) 6 times between May 1 - 7/28. CT chest/CT abdomen; MRI; Bone scan: PSMA; ECGC / EKG one trip was fluid build up from YEARS of very high BP, yes, he also has heart failure, an aortic aneurism that is a 4.5, so we have Urology; Cardiology, [Oncology which we arnt doing] the Naturopath, and Nov.1 we are going to Fred Hutch Seattle to Intergraded medicine Oncology just to hear what she has to say.

DH is the lead Elder at the church, he is mentoring 2 younger men for eldership, he is back going to Wednesday pm mens Bible study. He is getting walking in every day, he helped my take down the real big trees so they landed right. He still need to be careful, the prostate can still swell back up and that would be a nightmare, if he falls he will break his hip. So he is being smart about it, he comes in when he get tired. The heart thing is not helping matters.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Every time I open this thread, I’m looking to see if you have posted. I’m sorry that your husband has been so ill. That’s a hard thing to deal with. I pray that he is not in pain. Big hugs to you and please take good care of yourself. Firewood is good exercise!
💕 Thank you Danna, I keep a close eye on him, as you know, men dont say much until its " take me to the ER"
If you ask him if he has pain he say no. Cancer on Bone is very painful they keep telling us
He wants to cut the last 4 trees into rounds next week. They are leaning and not to where he has to be bent over. I'll cut the stuff that if on the ground , I dont want him down there. But there is no rush, this is not this years wood. I do want to go up on the east top end where I have, at least 6 standing dead 10/ 18in round I can take down as needed, a tree I want to add to this winters stack. The evergreen huckle berries were fat and packed this Sept. / Oct. the fall rains started 4 weeks early , 2nd week in Sept. We typically don't get rain until 2 week of Oct. We have had several nights in the 30's already. I would rather have the wood over full than have to truck up there in January for wood.