Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have to pressure wash one more chicken bucket and my smoker racks. That's for tomorrow or Friday. I'll go pull the tomato cages as well. The deer ate the green tomatoes as well as the plants.
The moose this year ate my strip of raspberries and my gooseberry bush....

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thinking about using this for pawpaw's school of geography.

Thoughts?
View attachment 24627

Pawpaw's school of driving is a big success. My student likes to drive to the goat yard and stop, park, put on emergency flashers and watch the goats. Then turn around and drive some more. She has passed the key to key lesson with a B+, nothing has ended in a firey crash 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Of course explosions and fire are also great opportunities to train them up right!

:lol: :old

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wacky wednesday is upon us.

my favorite co-worker is the coffee pot

Farmbabe told me I must have 1 tablespoon of her homemade elderberry syrup everyday. So I put a tablespoon in a bowl of her homemade honey bunches of oats cereal she makes for me. not sure exactly what's in the elderberry syrup but it's very good. I do know I taste honey, cinnamon and ginger and something else i'm not sure of.
View attachment 24455

View attachment 24456

hope you have a blessed day 👍

I've been nipping at the elderberry syrup as directed, looks like she has also.

IDK... I can't tell any difference in anything. But I did ask her about the ingredient I couldn't figure out, it's whole cloves (not garlic cloves).
IMG_20230921_222652745.jpg

She also made some elderberry gummies, I like those. But elderberry jelly is the best of all her elderberry things, she's made.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't "feel" a difference with elderberry, except during cold/flu season. If you're exposed, the elderberry has the ability to prevent the virus from replicating in your system, thus preventing or severely limiting your infection. Supposedly it also strengthens your immune system all the time. That's something that isn't a noticable happening, until you have exposure to things to which your immune reacts -- you will have protection. ☺️ I don't take everyday in summer but, more so fall/winter.

In other words, it's not like coffee/caffeine! 😁 more like an aspirin, quietly doing it's job without fanfare.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1695370198945.jpeg

It's all by the coffee pot so enjoy a cup on the patio to 57 morning chill. Only 4:10 here and I'm going to be making my 2nd cup here very soon.
FH straight out told me last night he isn't going to do the garter toss thinks it's stupid so here's our wedding timeline (tentatively) for June 15,2024; 2pm ceremony; 2:30 pictures; 3:15 reception begins (wedding party intro); 3:30 time to eat; 4:30 cake cutting/ serving; 5:15 load gifts & cards into car / hand off bouquet to unsuspecting guest; 6:00 announce reception ending/ begin clean up (teardown of deco); 7:30 everyone leaves/ venue locked. It's going to be the shortest quickest MOST BORING reception anyone has ever attended.