Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I’m on my second cup. My sister in law gave me some freezer burnt chicken breast, I’m going to drop it in the crock pot for the dogs. And chop up some carrots in it too. They love that over their kibble.
they will be very happy puppies

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good morning , a cool 44 this morning, like a doofus :he I forgot to let the plastic tent down that I have over the tomatoes,,,,at least I think:idunno I forgot?? we'll see when its light out. I did get the lavender beds weeding finished, boy that crawling on the ground sure makes the bones fuss. Yesterday I got picked out the sunflowers I dried, got some vacuuming done, blablabla, normal stuff

up at 3:45, dogs are in the livingroom on their beds snoring, a pot of hot coffee and catching up on my devotionals.
image_50418689.JPG
image_50397697.JPG

Wrapping up the week, going to check the apples today and see if their prim for picking, if so, next week will be can apples week.

Have a Great Day

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
good morning , a cool 44 this morning, like a doofus :he I forgot to let the plastic tent down that I have over the tomatoes,,,,at least I think:idunno I forgot?? we'll see when its light out. I did get the lavender beds weeding finished, boy that crawling on the ground sure makes the bones fuss. Yesterday I got picked out the sunflowers I dried, got some vacuuming done, blablabla, normal stuff

up at 3:45, dogs are in the livingroom on their beds snoring, a pot of hot coffee and catching up on my devotionals.
image_50418689.JPG
image_50397697.JPG

Wrapping up the week, going to check the apples today and see if their prim for picking, if so, next week will be can apples week.

Have a Great Day

Just a little advise... take it for what it's worth (maybe .02¢). Apples are ready when they begin to fall from the tree.

Last night farmbabe and I we're at the farm store. They had 3 huge boxes of local orchard apples right there when you walk in the door. 2 boxes of golden delicious and one box of johnathan. In the boxes were 5 lb bags. Farmbabe grabbed a bag of golden delicious. I said whoa wait a minute there farmbabe. The bag says golden delicious, right? But what color are those apples? She said almost all green. I said so what does that mean? She said they were anxious to get these picked and out the door before they were ripe. I said you're learning hu? Her face lit up and smiled a huge cute smile, no words needed her face said it all ❤️

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Overcast from daybreak, light winds and spitting rain. Winds picking up...heavy rains soon. Got outside early, fed, checked on everyone. Put some hay in their barns. Said, your on your own guys. ☺️ everyone's gotta place to be dry and comfy.

I'm making bread. :clap:celebrate

None in house, temps are cool and all stuff here to make it. 👍 starting my annual, winter "don't buy" early. Grocery items will be nothing more than something small...can't even think of anything I don't have several months of stocked. 🤷 my own shut down🤫. Only way to use the pantry & freezer food. If I don't, what's the reason to prep? :lol:. I need to use up about 50# of flours.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Out with the old and in with the new (when there's room for it).
There's the problem! I take out a "chunk" of meat and it ends up with more meals to go back in. :idunno

I have GOT to use up!! Now, I'm blessed to have but, I can't waste...goes against my being. Then I'm compelled to grow! Again -- can, freeze, don't waste.

Already plotting the garden :thsomeone stop me! 😁

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There's the problem! I take out a "chunk" of meat and it ends up with more meals to go back in. :idunno
I feel your pain, lol. Oftentimes I'll make a big pot of stew or soup and when we can't eat it all it goes back in the freezer. The worst part is that stew or soup takes up more space than the meat that it originated with!

My new plan is to reduce the size of meat that I freeze. Big ol pork shoulder needs to be cut up into smaller pieces before freezing. That way (hopefully) we can eat it in a day or so and not need to freeze leftovers.

In some cases, I remind myself that nothing is wasted around here. There's not a morsel of food that can't be repurposed. Dogs and chickens love my cooking, lol.