Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There's the problem! I take out a "chunk" of meat and it ends up with more meals to go back in. :idunno

I have GOT to use up!! Now, I'm blessed to have but, I can't waste...goes against my being. Then I'm compelled to grow! Again -- can, freeze, don't waste.

Already plotting the garden :thsomeone stop me! 😁
well... you can can, freeze or dehydrate, if you have the means. freeze driers are $$$ so we can't do that.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was suspicious... but AS organic peaches came fully ripe and smoochy, pleasantly surprised 😲
Screenshot_20230922-150232.png

Taste test, good peach, juicy and very sweet. I thought my taste buds were fooling me. I tasted a slight hint of nectarine. Nope... this variety O'Henry peach was developed by crossing with a unknown nectarine variety. they also came the refer (refrigerator section) of the semi. Farmbabe bought them to can.
Screenshot_20230922-154645.png

Here's some info on O'Henry peaches if you are interested in that kind of thing (I am).

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1695465585277.jpeg

It's all by the coffee pot, brew a cup or glass if you prefer iced coffee even though we are all inside so let's all huddle in front of @Grandmas Porch stove. I'm about to go on my 2nd cup though and yes I'll make sure there is a fresh pot brewing for all who was able to sleep in this AM.
@Mini Horses are you okay? I know I'm only getting rain (and sometimes it can be heavy too) and wind but I know you are on the coast so it can be worse.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for asking. Yeah, I'm good here. WET but, good. Ready for a nap after heavy rain so loud it woke me at 3:30. :oops: downpours!! Several inches. 3-4 per weather reports

Mostly clearing with bands off/on expected rest of day. Big rain event! Otherwise good. Good amount of coastal flooding but most is 50 miles from me 🤷

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! On my second cup. Foggy here, about 300’ of visibility. I’m lounging around, but need to get outside and get chores done.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Light rain starts at in a few hours here. I looked at the radar.

Only chickens that were at risk of leaks was the broody coop and I couldn't find the drill so I spent over an hour screwing new tarp on by hand. The coop is getting old and just isn't worth it to me to spend money to replace It's roof when a tarp fixed it just as well. I had put feed sacks on last winter, but they started to disintegrate over summer.

Everyone has a full feeder and water so I only need to check them and gather eggs the next few wet days.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IN CASE...anyone was speculating as to raising broilers, here's a read to give you pause. Chicken ain't gonna be cheap at the store!! I feel badly for these family farms.😔. And many winter crops destroyed in FL. More grocery prices going up.

Latest posts