Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cooper is back again already 🙄 at least he's getting his exercise.
Screenshot_20231013-184456.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Raining here also. All day, light...inside cooking day! 5 day work week coming up, so preparing for lunches & easy meals.👍

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Very light sprinkley rain, going to stay south as it heads for @Mini Horses and the east... another possible round later coming from the north and west but we are only supposed to get .1 to .3 tenths... enough to be wet and dreary. Have animals ready for a trip to the sale today.... selling a group of smaller weaned calves and a couple of cows that need to go... 2 are not pregnant and one is real old and is in very GOOD condition.. raised her last calf and time to cash in before she goes downhill...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yes, rains here too again yesterday, last night and this morning. we get a break for a few days now in the forecast until Wednesday night but i don't put full faith in those weather reports. the nicest day though coming up is next Wed with 60F. of course i have a meeting that afternoon, but i should be able to get something done outside Mon-Wed somehow. something...

shelling beans this morning for a bit.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Complete overcast today. Rain moved in last night. Went estate saleing yesterday. I got a paper grocery bag of expired canned goods for free at one of them. Mostly canned clams, oysters, tuna. All but the tuna will go to the chickens in the dead of winter to up their protein. Some of the canned goods are only expired by 2 years so I'll put them into the boxes in the front of my local food bank outlet. People pick from those boxes all the time. I know I do....Expired cans don't scare me....

edited to add: there was also about 5 packages (not boxes) of pasta. They are outside airing out. You see, the house reeked of pee and mildew, and the plastic on the sealed packages also smelled. They will sit outside to get rid of the smell, then I'll open one to make sure the dry pasta didn't absorb the "aroma!!"

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Complete overcast today. Rain moved in last night. Went estate saleing yesterday. I got a paper grocery bag of expired canned goods for free at one of them. Mostly canned clams, oysters, tuna. All but the tuna will go to the chickens in the dead of winter to up their protein. Some of the canned goods are only expired by 2 years so I'll put them into the boxes in the front of my local food bank outlet. People pick from those boxes all the time. I know I do....Expired cans don't scare me....

edited to add: there was also about 5 packages (not boxes) of pasta. They are outside airing out. You see, the house reeked of pee and mildew, and the plastic on the sealed packages also smelled. They will sit outside to get rid of the smell, then I'll open one to make sure the dry pasta didn't absorb the "aroma!!"

any canned foods that you can't eat would probably be ok as plant food when buried in the garden. even things with botulism would be ok as the botulism bacteria is often present in most garden soils anyways. just make sure they are buried deeply enough that animals can't easily smell or dig them up.

the smelly pasta will also be fine for worm food. i had some similarly affected elbow and long spaghetti that i put out in the gardens by scattering them on the surface and the birds and worms took care of them eventually.