Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Poor Paisley! Hope she feels better soon.
TLC is working
received_326867483570204.jpeg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm awake. Fighting through ongoing herxheimer reaction. Everything happening in slow-mo this week. Very frustrating! But my health should be much more stable after I get this all cleared out of my body.

I made a Danish anyway - but for lunch rather than breakfast. Chocolate cream cheese filling this week.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Paisley the Brave made an emergency trip to the vet last night. Little beast had chowed down on some tinsel, resulting in Amityville Horror-style projectile vomiting. Xray shows no intestinal blockages but there is some working through her gut. She is on bedroom lockdown with minimal food, ample water, and heated blanket until we have confirmed the "this shall pass" event has occurred

View attachment 25167
Poor kitty. She was only celebrating Christmas! Hope she is better soon!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Holey Cow!! I haven't been this sick since my last bout of flu about 30 years ago. Wow...it hit me hard - for me, that is.

Today, Monday, I'm on the downside for sure. Four days of fevers and alternating one tylenol with one advil to keep it kinda under control.

I called DD last nite, wondering if I was a wimp cus I'm NEVER a wimp when sick. I plow thru. She said NO! She said what I have "stopped the world for 2 years and many died". So not a wimp.

Gonna call the vet cus there is a kitty vaccine this a.m. at 10:15 and then a puppy vaccine on Wednesday at 10. I obviously can't go, but will ask them if they want to come out to the car where hubs will be, them to be gloved and masked, to get the cat, and then the dog.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Holey Cow!! I haven't been this sick since my last bout of flu about 30 years ago. Wow...it hit me hard - for me, that is.

Today, Monday, I'm on the downside for sure. Four days of fevers and alternating one tylenol with one advil to keep it kinda under control.

I called DD last nite, wondering if I was a wimp cus I'm NEVER a wimp when sick. I plow thru. She said NO! She said what I have "stopped the world for 2 years and many died". So not a wimp.

Gonna call the vet cus there is a kitty vaccine this a.m. at 10:15 and then a puppy vaccine on Wednesday at 10. I obviously can't go, but will ask them if they want to come out to the car where hubs will be, them to be gloved and masked, to get the cat, and then the dog.
Sorry to hear you're feeling so sick with it. 😣 I hope you're on the mend. The fatigue can last for weeks or months. Be patient with your body :hugs

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Afternoon ALL! Had a great lunch date with FH yesterday at Texas Roadhouse. We didn't eat it all there so we also had supper than gave the dogs the bones while they were still in their crates. It rained all day yesterday and now today the wind is bad I lost count how many times I've had to fix my Christmas inflatables already just hoping tomorrow is better weather all around seeing how FH said that seeing how this is Christmas week the outside can stay plugged in all the time now.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

Thanks for the update, was wondering how you were doing

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

I hope you get better soon and that it doesn't get any worse

We caught it in January of '22. Took us out for 10 days and almost another week to mostly recover. I spent the time unable to breath and laying on the bed. Also learned that coughing can make you puke.

I'm still pretty certain that I had it back in December of '19. I had all the symptoms including the loss of smell. Felt like it almost killed me and I barely stayed out of the ER. I was to the point of telling hubby to take me. I abused my inhalers and that's probably my saving grace.

The first official cases up here were in January.