Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Great job!! Looks like a wonderful day. 🥰.
Congrats. Nice video edit job 👍🥰

We had a light sprinkling overnight. Not much, I had heavier dew 😂 but we needed it -- and more. They're predicting some mid day. Hope we get it here on the far. It's raining north of me now. We're 2.5" down for the month, in the area. The farm hasn't gotten 1/2" in June 😔 Way over norm in May . Glad I got tomatoes water well yesterday 👍 waiting to see what happens before I do more.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good not morning anymore!

Goat sleeping near me and getting business done on the computer.

Yesterday and last night it threatened to rain and then nothing. We need it. Hoping some comes our way soon.

Baby ducks to sell, shed to paint, and house to organize. My finish date is fast approaching and I don’t know if I’m behind or on time or what. Probably behind, but whatever. Hoping to get some good days work in.

Also helping my friend clean and organize her house. Which means I get to snuggle the baby when I’m over there, bonus! This is my best friend, her kids are my nieces and nephews and I’m auntie. I’m getting suspicious right now though, She keeps claiming she’s “not trying to give me baby fever” but then shoving the baby at me. Or sharing photos, or showing me cute videos of kids. I think she wants it to be my turn to do the work so she can get auntie snuggles without the rest😂.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just talked to my sis this morning. We do talk alot, she being in San Jose and me being up here. Turns out Mother is not doing well. She won't walk around by herself - holds onto the walls, the furniture, anything. Pretends like she is blind. Which she is not.

Yes, her retina detached last winter. They tried to fix it, but were not as successful as normally they are. She has about 60% vision out of that eye. But the other one is fine. But nope - she's now blind.

Infuriating. She's always been a martyr.

Sis told her to get a walker. No, she says. I'm not that old. She's 93. So sis tells her that she gets a walker or she falls, breaks her hip which she will cus she won't eat due to not wanting to be fat (decades long aversion), and then dies.

She only wants purple. OK, sis will find a purple walker. Even if its purple, she'll think about using it. AAUUGHHHH

She and her boyfriend (who is 93 as of Sunday and they live together in independent living) are going on a cruise to Hawaii in late August. They do this yearly. Its a bridge cruise. She will have a very difficult time if she goes on board.

BF and sis will move Mother to Assisted Living in the late fall. Stubborn old woman.

My BetterHelp therapist cancelled today. So now I'm angry, frustrated at Mother, and need to get my act together to go to the Food Bank for my afternoon shift.

Bah Humbug...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Purple walker ??? Or buy purple Rust-Oleum 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, stubborn sets in with age 🥰. I can hardly wait!! 🙄

Hot 96 with 102 feel like 🥴😓 really not comfortable out there!!!! I just came in from dumping tubs of luke warm water, refilling with cold well water...and I'm drained. The heat just does a number. Makes you wonder why anyone voluntarily moves to the desert 🥵🤔🫤. Of course, I wonder about those living in snow peaks, too. 🥴🥶

Some cold water might straighten my thoughts. 😂

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Purple walker ??? Or buy purple Rust-Oleum 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, stubborn sets in with age 🥰. I can hardly wait!! 🙄

Hot 96 with 102 feel like 🥴😓 really not comfortable out there!!!! I just came in from dumping tubs of luke warm water, refilling with cold well water...and I'm drained. The heat just does a number. Makes you wonder why anyone voluntarily moves to the desert 🥵🤔🫤. Of course, I wonder about those living in snow peaks, too. 🥴🥶

Some cold water might straighten my thoughts. 😂
We had that weather yesterday Sunny 96/103 (stay hydrated) Today rainy and 74. I enjoyed both days ☺️.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just talked to my sis this morning. We do talk alot, she being in San Jose and me being up here. Turns out Mother is not doing well. She won't walk around by herself - holds onto the walls, the furniture, anything. Pretends like she is blind. Which she is not.

Yes, her retina detached last winter. They tried to fix it, but were not as successful as normally they are. She has about 60% vision out of that eye. But the other one is fine. But nope - she's now blind.

Infuriating. She's always been a martyr.

Sis told her to get a walker. No, she says. I'm not that old. She's 93. So sis tells her that she gets a walker or she falls, breaks her hip which she will cus she won't eat due to not wanting to be fat (decades long aversion), and then dies.

She only wants purple. OK, sis will find a purple walker. Even if its purple, she'll think about using it. AAUUGHHHH

She and her boyfriend (who is 93 as of Sunday and they live together in independent living) are going on a cruise to Hawaii in late August. They do this yearly. Its a bridge cruise. She will have a very difficult time if she goes on board.

BF and sis will move Mother to Assisted Living in the late fall. Stubborn old woman.

My BetterHelp therapist cancelled today. So now I'm angry, frustrated at Mother, and need to get my act together to go to the Food Bank for my afternoon shift.

Bah Humbug...
Yeah... difficult, hugely

:hugs

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
55F out there this morning! brrr! sunshine today and no rain for two days so i can get some gardening done at last. really need to get out there...