Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
MAN cave??? Well I just spent couple hrs greasing, oiling, repairing mine....then mowed. Next, bush hog off & tiller on.......with NO men around. 😱🤣🤣

My tractor IS MY MAN for working. 👍 Geesh.

hahaha! :) we've often joked about getting both a machine gun and a small tractor/backhoe/whatever/thingy but in either case there'd be nothing left... not that we have any room to really use a tractor and the machine gun would just mow everything down and the neighbors would probably be in danger too (knowing Mom :) )...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got needed rain yesterday. Possibly some light stuff overnight -- haven't been out. Still on :caf it's overcast.

I had gotten an inch +/- at 8 pm. Glad for that. 50 miles away 4" 😱. Hope the NC people got it in time to save some crops. They were hurting in some areas. Rains have been slack in June, until now. High heat at same time....light drought conditions.

Looking ok here. Garden & pastures watered 👍👍😁

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well, ok, maybe this will be funny to y'all'uns (or maybe not :) ), last night right before falling asleep there was an itchy spot in a delicate location and the adjoining buttcrack also had one. which made me realize that perhaps while sitting on the ground pillow and weeding yesterday one of the spiders had found a spot in my pantz... and then i also recalled that yes there was a creepy crawler sensation when i was out there for a few moments but i figured it wasn't anything critical since it did not persist...

we got a pretty good laugh out of it this morning when i told Mom that i had to check for milk duds (a reference to the blue collar comedy guys as Mom likes to watch that once in a while) and had not found anything, butt also since we'd had veggie pizza yesterday (with toppings like cauliflower and broccoli) that they were surely dead by now as i'd been gassing them out last night and this morning. also i'd checked the situation out this morning with the morning wee and there wasn't anything to be found other than the itchy spots.

all that said, i hope the creature managed to get away and never was brought into the house... i don't need any more spiders to hunt down...

p.s. thinking about butt crack protectors... normally i have a long shirt on which comes down over my pants no matter what the pants may be doing. it may be possible though that they came up the leg of the pants. with the deer wandering around in that back area next to the garden i was weeding i was also thinking about ticks, but i've not seen any of those yet this year. the smell of deer poo and pee was around pretty heavy though and as i walk over to the weed pile to empty the bucket i'm always watching for fresh poos to avoid.

p.p.s. there was also a very funny conversation about coffee creamer, chocolate milk (2% milk that was really 1%) and such but without the recording it would be hard to explain.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MAN cave??? Well I just spent couple hrs greasing, oiling, repairing mine....then mowed. Next, bush hog off & tiller on.......with NO men around. 😱🤣🤣

My tractor IS MY MAN for working. 👍 Geesh.
9b8bf264e30a8ee4737e0112050100a2-original.jpg

I just used tractor yesterday to bring up hay rounds from the hay field. Poor tractor hadn't been used for a while. Had to air up the tires and the oil breather was a smoking from condensation. But tractor ran great👍 I kind of missed running the ole girl.

Tractor will sit another two weeks, till I bush hog the winter pasture. I'm trying to get rid of broomsedge in the winter pasture. I've reasearched, and for zone 7, you got to knock it down twice :rolleyes: first mid July, then again early September. I suspect may need some potash in the winter pasture also. I'm going to send in some soil for testing to find out.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tank is growing up -- looking 👍 how does he & the rottie do together? Was he accepted, since came in as a pup?

Great weather today. The lovely rain from Sunday has things growing well with summer temps. Grass in garden, especially! 😂🫤 But pastures, too. There's more rain later in week but they can't decide when or how much :lol: Sooo Sat - Thu right now. Seeing is believing.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tank is growing up -- looking 👍 how does he & the rottie do together? Was he accepted, since came in as a pup?

Great weather today. The lovely rain from Sunday has things growing well with summer temps. Grass in garden, especially! 😂🫤 But pastures, too. There's more rain later in week but they can't decide when or how much :lol: Sooo Sat - Thu right now. Seeing is believing.
They are buds - I strive for peace among the farm critters.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️