Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There are several asian supermarkets here. We shop at a few of them fresher produce and cheaper.

View attachment 27285
I think I migt try one... to see what it taste like. I must admit I had no idea what agar was until now though.

Screenshot_20241015_234027_Brave.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think I migt try one... to see what it taste like. I must admit I had no idea what agar was until now though.

View attachment 27287

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

I have a bottle of powdered agar agar sitting on the fridge. It's used to thicken some lotions and help bind incense.

I've eaten lots of agar jellies candy. They tend to keep the real flavor of any fruit used in them.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Power went off this morning, 45 minutes later, it’s back on. Wind is blowing hard, it’s colder outside and Sentry is barking hysterically at “something” out in the field. He goes quiet for a bit, then starts barking again. Probably a turtle, probably he’s crunched it up and when nerves make it move, he’s barking again. I’ll find out at daylight.
Going for Day 3 of painting at the house Peggy and Bennett have bought. They are selling their place next to mine. Painters were quoting several thousand dollars and maybe in a few weeks, Peggy asked if I’d help and of course I said yes. Lots of blue painters tape, lots of cutting in and lots of prep work.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter I dehydrate figs here at home. LOVE them! Soon FB will also 😊

Also, been following the chicken fiasco for about a week. A lot of farmers left in bad place! 🤬. Glad that some of the birds are being distributed to some who can use them. Many were dying from lack of food and also having grown and not harvested -- those type birds do that! Just overall, a desperate situation in many ways, humane & economic.

We're talking a few hundred thousand birds! Hundred of thousands of $$ farmers lost. 🥹

Better fill my coffee mug & head to work.👍

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Update on Sentry’s hysteria, skunk odor in the air, but not on him. Buford was crying with excitement when I turned him loose. He and Sheba raced out in the middle field, noses down, sniffing. I took Sentry to middle field and the 3 of them are still cris-crossing the field. I’m glad skunk is gone!