Craigslist

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I just listed kefir grains on craigslist....wonder if I'll get any hits.

What is the oddest thing you ever bought or sold on CL?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am selling seeds and duck eggs on craigslist. Not weird, but it is nice that the birds are paying their own feed bill :D

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just looked up Kefir. Something you add to milk. But I've been lactose intolerant from birth, so I now use Lactaid milk. Can I add kefir grains to that? or to Soy Milk?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Kefir grains actually culture the milk and it makes it digestible to those who are lactose intolerant. Also raw milk is supposed to be easier to digest than the crap that is sold in most grocery stores.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I can't say that I have ever bought or sold anything there. I tried to buy a trio of paint mini donkeys for $100 each, but the guy never returned my call or e-mail. Then I found a boat, and trailer there to give away. I got a hold of them and arranged to get it at a certain time and when we got there no one answered the door. Then today i got a very rude e-mail from them about not showing up!! I very rudely e-mailed him that we were there exactly on time and waited in his yard and knocked several times before we left. Come to find out it was my neighbors daughter and son-in-law. :hide I guess it is a small world, or just a small town!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I sell things now and then as well as buy. Recently I have been getting a ton of spam like offers for wealth building every time I list. Lots of flaky people in our area but if your flexible it helps. I also posted eggs on CL before.

There is a lady who sells Kombucha Scobys on Carlsbad for 10 bucks each. Shes always on there.

gina

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I LOVE craigslist. A few summers ago, we got about 50 ft of 8ft chain link, I gave them 3 hens! The other day I found an add someone offering clean fill dirt. They deliver, and grates it for free! So of course I called...and asked...whats the catch. He said...well, you have to take a minimun of 20 loads. Ummm, ok, can I have MORE than that?? He said....what are you filling, a culvert?? LOL Nope, just low laying areas on the property. I like reading the barter sections too. Ya never know! ;)

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't know they had a barter section......
..... running off to go check out the barter section......

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Craigs list is great.

I've tried getting a few things there...mainly manure for composting...but after calling a few times, never received a return call and gave it up.

Lots of stuff there and know some people who have really lucked out..I just haven't yet.

Now, in my local Wednesday paper we have a Swap section...that's a different story. I have no idea why the call it a swap because THEY CHARGE and swap to me implies tit for tat :idunno..but I digress.

I have gotten a couple of pieces of Depression Era glass for 20 bucks - no chips nicks or dings or cracks.

I really love the swap section. I have also found (but was unable to purchase) a rain barrel for the garden(ran out of money before I ran out of week), a new sink for the island in the kitchen (DH sat on his thumbs on that one) and a dining room table completely lovely - SOLID oak professionally refinished a few of years ago - it was first come first serve and the others were pulling out as I was making the call. I almost cried.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our first two steers came from craigslist. They were the best purchase we could have made. We didn't know what we were doing, and the woman we bought them from had actually turned people down because she was waiting for just the right family to sell them to. Apparently we fit the bill. So we got two overgrown pet bulls that she lost money on because she wanted to make sure that they would go someplace with plenty of pasture and where they would stay together. Which they did, right until the first one went into our freezer. She taught us everything we needed to know in care as well (except castration, which she didn't believe in :rolleyes:). There are some really good people on Craigslist.