Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No. And doesn't work, except occasional odd jobs. It's why I feel he needs to DO what things he does & more. 😐. He provides own food & cooks it, etc. keeps unit clean. Helps with "projects" sometimes -- fences, barn repairs, etc. a talented framer & roofer.

Today he's in a "clean up" mood. Outside stuff.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it's good that he covers his own food and expenses, but i also hope he'd help with some share of the utilities, taxes, heating or some other bill.

i do my fair share here.

now i need to get outside and going before it gets too hot again...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MIL is dying. She has a lung infection and declined antibiotics. She has a horrific terminal illness, so I understand her desire to leave quickly. Last I heard she rallied this afternoon, and by that we mean she was somewhat responsive to voices. I'm finding comfort knowing that the alternative is much, much worse. She is receiving hospice care.

We visited the day before she lost the ability to communicate. DH has not wanted to visit since. There is other family there around-the-clock to support FIL.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
MIL is dying. She has a lung infection and declined antibiotics. She has a horrific terminal illness, so I understand her desire to leave quickly. Last I heard she rallied this afternoon, and by that we mean she was somewhat responsive to voices. I'm finding comfort knowing that the alternative is much, much worse. She is receiving hospice care.

i certainly understand her desire to exit ASAP with whatever grace possible. we have a friend with ALS that Mom is now visiting three days a week and it's been sad to see how fast it is progressing.

We visited the day before she lost the ability to communicate. DH has not wanted to visit since. There is other family there around-the-clock to support FIL.

i'm glad there are enough people there to help.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So sorry ya'll are going through this. :hugs I'm sure it's helpful for her to have the support of her family in this decision. Really hope her passing is peaceful and that your family can find peace.