Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've come to a conclusion-I need to make some changes in my life. I've been reading over my journal. And I'm realizing that much of what I'm having problems with is stuff that I had problems w/when I started to keep it. So, I've been developing strategies to help me deal with them. About the time that I finally figured it all out, I had a bald eagle come flying by, then circling around so I could get a good look at it. And, while I don't attach any special significance to eagles, I took it as a good sign.

Part of what I'm going to be working involves dealing w/other people. There is just no way I can change them, so I've been coming up w/ways to deal w/them. Here's some things I've come up with.

RU. RU has a bad habit of going away and not putting out hay B4 she leaves, or not getting it out B4 it rains. For instance, Saturday was a beautiful day, but she didn't put out hay. She was supposed to leave yesterday for a short trip w/her hubby. So, she planned on putting hay out early Sunday morning-she didn't check the forecast. It started to rain early yesterday. They changed their plans and didn't leave until today. But, w/all the rain, she could not get into the hay. I had to help her get hay out of the top of the barn to put out. So, since I keep a good eye on the weather, I'm going to be asking her when bad weather is in the forecast if she needs help getting the hay out.

KN still hasn't gotten the stuff out of my truck tool box. So, I'm going to be asking her what day is a good day for us to go thru the stuff so I can take the box home. I have a feeling she'll be out on Wednesday. And, while I know for a fact that there's nothing of mine in this box, and I shouldn't have to help, it's going to be the only way I get it done.

My kids are going to be told when I'm working on certain areas of the house. They will be told that if there's anything they think they might want they need come and help. Otherwise, the stuff will be trashed, sold or donated.

Hubby is going to be asked (can't tell him) when he thinks he'll be able to work on projects he's been putting off for years-both at home and at the farm. And, I will be making sure we start early enough in the day to actually work on the stuff. Saturdays, if he wants to go out, I'm going to be pushing to make sure we leave early-not close to noon. And, once it gets warmer so I can stay in my tack shed if need be (fall at the latest), he's going to have to choose between me and getting drunk. I'm tired of dealing with it, and think this is the only way that things are going to change.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
That's fantastic Deb! Life really is all about how we choose to approach it. Its up to each of us to make the decision for ourselves, nobody else will Do it for us!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm tired of dealing w/all the crap I have to deal w/from everyone else. So, until I'm able to move to my own place, this should make my life easier.

Doesn't seem possible that it's the end of the year. But, I can see progress from last year, so that's a good thing. But, there is still stuff I didn't get done. But, if I stick to my guns and have a good year health wise, I should be able to continue the progress. I didn't get done everything I wanted to do yesterday because I was just too beat, but I slept fairly well last night, so I've already been able to get some stuff done. So, my list for today:

1. Finish cleaning living room (I've done some of it)
2. Practice piano (done)
3. Wash and hang out a load of clothes (they're done washing, I'll hang them out B4 I leave)
4. Feed animals, put out hay
5. Work on cleaning field
6. Feed RU's animals
7. Feed Stormy, bag feed, take care of chickens
8. Go to Wally World
9. Get a load of wood (I'll unload it tomorrow)
10. Do dishes
11. Work on cleaning kitchen
12. Make brownies and go to a party I'm not sure how late I'll stay. It will depend on how tired I feel. It gets done at 10:00, but I might leave earlier than that. Then I can hopefully be in bed and asleep B4 midnight. As long as none of the neighbors are having a party, I shouldn't get woken up.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Good job Deb, on locating the problem! Good luck on fixing the issues, I wish you all the best! You are a far more tolerant woman than I am ;)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Didn't have a chance to get on here again yesterday. I was just too busy. It took me longer than expected to get everything done out at the farm, so while my living room is clean, all I did in the kitchen was load the dishwasher and make brownies-I didn't even run it! And by the time I got home, I was beat. Also found out that the gremlins messed w/the time of the party. It was supposed to be from 8:00-1:00. Apparently, all kinds of times went out. If I had known it was supposed to start that late, I wouldn't have gone-too close to my bedtime. And, I did leave at shortly after 10:00. Hubby was asleep when I got home, so I stuffed the stove, finished reading thru my Bible for the year, and went to bed. I also didn't make it to Wally World, nor get the firewood, so I'll be doing that today. So, my list for today:

1. Wash and hang out a load of clothes (they're in the washer now)
2. Do dishes (I have the dishwasher running, but need to wash pots and pans)
3. Feed animals, worm my horses
4. Move RB feeder and put out hay
5. Finish cleaning field
6. Feed Stormy, bag feed, take care of chickens
7. Go to Wally World
8. Get a load of firewood
9. Unload the wood
10. Feed goats
11. Clean bathroom
12. Work on kitchen
13. Make and eat dinner
14. Do more dishes

Tomorrow, hubby is back at work, so I should be able to do more.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Didn't get done as much as I wanted to, but at least my field is cleaned and I have more wood. Didn't do the dishes, or any cleaning. But, I looked at the forecast for Friday and it's going to be cold out! So, I think I'm going to concentrate on outside stuff for tomorrow, then work inside on Friday. We could get some rain tomorrow afternoon, so I think I'm going to get my greenhouse set up for butchering those roos. I want it done B4 the really cold weather hits.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We have snow and sleet this morning! Perfect slaughtering weather here :lol: