Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Glad the dead battery wasnt too much of an inconvenience.
Hope you get everything done. I'm so glad we're beginning to thaw!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It was so nice today going out and having my truck start right up! Past few days, it's been very hard to start. I don't know if it was because of the battery not working properly, but it felt like the heater wasn't really do a job. Today it got nice and warm in the truck.

Well, I didn't quite get it all done. I got some of the wood out of the truck, but not all of it. We could get some showers tomorrow, I just hope they're not bad so I can get the rest out. And, I'm not making my soup. I think I'm going to wait and do that tomorrow. I'm just too beat to do it tonight.

In other news, my niece called this afternoon. She wants to start coming out to the farm. I'm hoping that she actually will. She's said it several times, but has never followed thru w/it. But, I think it would be good for both of us. Since her mother died almost 3 years ago, she's made some really poor choices. I think coming out to the farm and spending time w/Aunt Deb will help her. Plus, if she does come out, she won't just get to ride. She'll have to help-which will help me. And, w/her out at the farm, I'll be riding more. I'm not quite ready to ride Misty when no one is there. And more often than not, no one is there. So as a result, I don't ride as much as I should.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Hope things work out with the niece! Help and someone to work with are always nice.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, she won't be coming out until Monday at the earliest. The weather is just too iffy today, it's going to rain tomorrow, and I don't have time on Sunday. I might have to pick her up, but I hope not-that eats into the gas.

I did let the roosters out yesterday, and they were fine, so I'll let them out again today. Whether or not they'll actually go out w/this weather remains to be seen.

Since it's not going to be the nicest out, I'll be getting a lot done in the house today and maybe tomorrow. It's going to depend on hubby. But, I already started on the basement and will do more this afternoon. I might get the truck unloaded this morning rather than waiting. I'll have to see what the radar shows a bit later. So my plan for today:

1. Work on basement
2. Dishes (done)
3. Practice piano (done)
4. Unload truck
5. Feed animals and put out hay
6. Clean field
7. Finish cleaning around tack shed (I had stuff frozen to the ground the other day and couldn't do it all)
8. Feed Stormy, bag feed and take care of chickens
9. Feed goats
10. Make and eat dinner

I'm looking forward to having the one section of the basement done. Once I have that done, if hubby is drunk and being a pain, I can take my laptop down there and work on stuff. I can't do it w/him bothering me. I honestly don't know how much longer we're going to last, nor if I really want to.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
They changed the forecast from showers to light rain. I've gotten the wood out of the back of my truck-and got wet doing it! Not sure what all I'll be able to get done at the farm today. I don't know if I'm going to add to Mt. Manure or not.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Our precipitation started with sleet this morning, which made driving kinda interesting.
Hope you can stay warm and dry for the rest of the day!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, I'm home and glad to be. And I'm extremely happy that the temps are rising, otherwise I'm not sure what I would have done about the horses! Since the ground is frozen, the rain is basically just sitting on top of the ground. If the temps dropped instead, it would mean that my field would be a sheet of ice-not the safest for horses. It did stop raining, so I was able to get all the unfrozen poop up. And, I was able to get more stuff cleaned up around my tack shed. Now there's basically just some stuff that needs to be raked up, then rearranged.

When I got home, I went to feed the goats and shut the roosters in. Much to my surprise, I couldn't find the roosters! I called but saw no sign of them. I get the goats fed, start back to the house when I just happen to notice something moving 2 houses down. I take a closer look and it's the boys. They couldn't figure out how to get back home. So, I had to become a rooster wrangler and play rooster round up, but I got them home.

Now I'm thawing out and seriously thinking about taking a nap. Hubby just called and he has to work late tonight, so I'm thinking a nap might be in order.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Haha rooster round up! Silly roosters on an adventure!
I'm glad its not freezing either. I've had enough of that. The landlords daughter described it perfectly, the pastures are like grease. The top later is melting which is making it sooo slippery over the still frozen deeper layer. The fun never ends!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
How much rain are you getting? They're calling for 1-2 inches! Then they're calling for more on Tuesday. I'm just glad it's not snow!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Yup, a fair amount. I think I saw 1/2" tomorrow but that's just tomorrow. This has been a crazy wet winter. I guess I'm glad it isn't all snow. Though at least that looks pretty!

Latest posts