Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Last time we had a really snowy winter, I had to wear snow shoes when I fed the horses. Only problem being, I had a horse step on one a few times.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today is going to be wet, then it will dry out for tomorrow and Monday, then it's supposed to rain again on Tuesday, then they show dry conditions for the next several days. I hope they're right.

I'm not sure what all I'm going to get done today. Hubby has to work due to a problem w/where he works. (http://articles.philly.com/2014-01-09/news/45995139_1_flaring-pbf-energy-refinery) And, he'll probably have to work tomorrow morning as well. Don't know about after that, but w/his position, he might be getting a lot of OT for now. But at least for today, he's only planning on working this morning. I've already worked on the basement some and practiced the piano. KN is feeding the horses this morning, then I'm going to go out earlier than normal to give Stormy his 2nd feeding. They're calling for some really nasty weather today and I want to be done outside B4 it hits!

Once hubby's home, we may go out for a bit. He's supposed to go to his brother's house, so we'll see. If he does, I'll get more work done on the basement. It's slow, but at least I am able to see some progress. And on Tuesday, I'll do a lot more.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Omg that's a funny image Deb! I want a pair, I just haven't gotten around to it. What I really need to have gotten is find a pair used because it's not exactly a high use item lol
Been laying here listening to the rain off and on. I really don't wanna get out of bed!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I was wearing a pair of muck boots w/them, and since the horse was standing on the snow shoe, it pulled the boot right off of my foot! Then I'm standing there trying to grab it, then get it back on w/out putting my foot down in the snow! It was NOT fun!

ETA: Though I'm sure anyone watching it would have gotten a good laugh. I know I would have. :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It feels so much later than it actually is. Hubby and I never went out. But, he did go to his brother's house and I worked some more on the basement. I can see part of the floor that I have not seen in years! I did not get as much done as I wanted to, but hubby is working again tomorrow, so I'll work for a bit more in the morning B4 I get ready for church. I think if I really work hard at it, I should have this "room" done by Friday night! W/that done, I'll finally be able to sit back and relax in front of the fire, or do some work on my computer while sitting at my desk!

Once I decided I had done enough down there, I finally went and finished making my soup-turkey vegetable. Only problem being, hubby did something w/my carrots, so it has no carrots in it. I also washed a bunch of dishes.

Now I'm sitting here wondering what I'm going to do for the rest of the night. There's nothing I want to watch on TV. I'm not quite set up for doing crafts. I don't feel like playing computer games. So, I may just go to bed early.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I looooove going to bed early- it feels so self-indulgent! Everybody deserves that every once in a while.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Only problem being, I'm not tired!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, hubby didn't have to work today after all. So, I slept in. I might not have slept as long as I did if it wasn't for one little thing-3 roosters! It's so much warmer that I slept w/the window cracked opened. And, at 3:30, I started to hear roosters. They'd stop, I'd go back to sleep and they'd start again. So, they are getting done tomorrow for sure! I'd do them today, but doubt that I'll have time.

I'm not sure what all I'm getting done today. Church for sure, and horses, but other than that, it's up in the air. KN isn't feeding this morning. It's nothing but soup out there and she doesn't have a pair of boots that she can wear in this mess, so I need to do them. CL isn't going to be here this weekend. Her one dog had to have an operation for cancer. It costs her $15 to get here and she just doesn't have it, so I need to feed her horses as well.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today looks like it's going to be the only good day weather wise all week! They're calling for rain on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, then Friday is supposed to be colder, but not as cold as it's been. So I need to do 3 roosters this afternoon as well as some wood. Then the next 3 days, I'll be concentrating on the house. So, my list for today:

1. Clean living room
2. Practice piano
3. Go to feed store
4. Feed animals and put out hay
5. Clean field
6. Groom horses
7. Feed Stormy, bag feed, take care of chickens
8. Do enough wood to fill wood holder in basement
9. Send roosters to freezer camp
10. Cook and make dinner
11. Dishes
12. Fold and put away a load of laundry

Smart Red

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wonder Woman you might be! If I got half your list done I'd stop and thank all my helpers before taking a long break.

Latest posts