Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Gets less blue as it dries.
20231105_145854.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Family furniture ordered. 6-8 weeks.
Cable/internet activation later in the day today.

Knew we were going to, wife bought a new metal storage rack for storage basement. Will be setting it up tonight. This way I can empty the existing shelves, put the stuff up, then bring the old shelves over. Don't want to have to handle things twice if I can help it.

Will do more wall/baseboard cleaning tonight and then tape for next round of painting. The outlets and switches are a real dingy beige, so I need to start swapping out new. Forgot my tools yesterday needed for that task

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Family furniture ordered. 6-8 weeks.
Cable/internet activation later in the day today.

Knew we were going to, wife bought a new metal storage rack for storage basement. Will be setting it up tonight. This way I can empty the existing shelves, put the stuff up, then bring the old shelves over. Don't want to have to handle things twice if I can help it.

Will do more wall/baseboard cleaning tonight and then tape for next round of painting. The outlets and switches are a real dingy beige, so I need to start swapping out new. Forgot my tools yesterday needed for that task
Prep completed for remaining painting needed prior to Saturday.

First use of new storage shelves....new canning jars. Will bring some every trip

Wifi set up and working

20231106_195359.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I really have some serious basement envy. But any basement here would have to be built above ground due to high water table. So nix that!

same here. sump pump would run continuously. my brother actually has that happening at his place and has had his basement flood twice. he now has a backup sump pump that can run off of city water pressure if the electricity goes out.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Quality basement was a mandatory requirement. Something I would not compromise on.

All of the houses I have lived in were elevated on a knoll or on a hillside.

In our search, we saw some nasty basements

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Small victory tonight. The cruddy beige receptacle for the refrigerator has been swapped out and replaced including the new cover. Bright pretty white. It helps to have the correct tools
20231107_172752.jpg

Last edited: