FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Kitchen touch up needed for appliances done. Another carload of stuff transferred. Started wall prep of rest of the kitchen.

And nice 4 point buck greeted us at the garage tonight as we were pulling in. He had started moseying to the back shed when I took this.

20231110_170442.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Still plugging away. Appliances delivered and set up yesterday. One kitchen wall is complete! Painted, countertop caulked, outlets and switches replaced. Kitchen and two additional rooms spackled, , ready to be sanded. Two shelving units moved over and reassembled. Found a huge deal at Staples for new office furniture. Huge. Youngest is coming Sunday to help, not sure what we are doing yet, this week will tell.

Volunteer gig at the county soil and water district today. Their online tree ordering starts Dec 1. No hard and fast plan, want to see what they are offering. Trees delivered in April.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wife is improving. I got her egg drop soup three days in a row. She is running from store to store getting the unplanned things. Glad she is doing it, but the planned packing stuff is behind. Trying to pitch in and gently coax things along.
We are certainly going down to the wire.

Yesterday she rented a van to go pick up the deeply discounted office furniture. I have them unloaded in the garage.

She has to be at the house for a delivery today, so her plan is to wipe down the kitchen cabinets.

I had volunteer gig stuff last night and again tonight, so I did very little beyond the office furniture.
Plan for this weekend is to have the two small bedrooms painted, the family room painted, and the kitchen completely done with the exception of the window treatments. Set up office furniture.

Debating on whether or to take the cats over Saturday to hang out.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
3 straight days of volunteer gig stuff. Whew.

Two more shelving units setup up tonight. That makes four and a half. The canning jar shelf previously posted, the half (and later the remaining half) for canning equipment, remaining three are for home canned goods, paper products, and other grocery items. Can now start transferring all that stuff over to their final resting spot.

Priority rooms: my office, guest bedroom, remaining kitchen, family room. In that order.

Thursday night: make certain all rooms slated for immediate painting have walls patched. Carload of stuff taken over. Look for any opportunities to finish something if possible.

Friday: sand all walls, wipe down.

Saturday: tape and spread drop cloths, paint as much as I can (room priority order). Targeting my office for completion.

Sunday: retape and paint trim. Youngest daughter is coming to help Sunday. Assemble my office furniture and get basics set up.

Moving in earnest starts Monday with my son