Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Just to do my part to add to the gloom, we were pelted with a serious hail storm last night. A lot of my plants are shredded. Some will recover but a few are iffy looking. So my personal "farm" took a hit. Not sure how the big farms around me were effected.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You must have gotten all the hail because out here on the CO plains, we didn't get much. Just really HUGE drops. Just came in from checking my little seedlings and so far, all are ok. In fact, I have even more. Be more than happy to share surplus with you.

Gotta get on the stick and produce more of our own food. We have over 1 acre that's totally not used: weeds, brush, fieldgrasses, wildflowers, and cactus. Next year, we're gettin' a rototiller. (unless someone has one we can borrow ... hint hint hint)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I use no till methods. Tilling just lead to bindweed outbreaks. I will start a no till gardening thread and pass on the info :D

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I use no till methods. Tilling just lead to bindweed outbreaks. I will start a no till gardening thread and pass on the info :D
This comment is a little off topic . . . please DO start a no-till thread. I have tried the no-till method on three occasions over the past 20 years with no luck at all. My veggies did terrible, the weeds took over, and my soil turned into concrete. What did I do wrong?

ETA: Found it - thanks.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've used the no till method like Wifezilla and had good luck.No till growing doesn't mean you won't get any weeds.Even when you mulch you'll get some weeds, if you garden/farm it comes with the territory.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
All I can say is that I'm doomed. My garden is under heavy attack from bugs and it is too hot for the tomatoes to produce. So far I have not gotten enough to eat much less put up.

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
To fight weeds ive seen PeoPle lay down black drain tarp which they poke holes wheee the fOod Plants are grown, eliminating the weeds