Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
not smiling in love, but giving love and support and hugs for your trials and tribulations recently.
Ahhhh thanks! :love

It's just the way life goes, right? There is still good to be found along with the challenges. I wouldn't have been able to say that a couple of months ago. But there are simple pleasures. Fishing, lol. It calms and soothes my soul. Not sure it has anything to do with the worms or the fish. It's more about being in nature, enjoying the wind blowing across the water, hearing the birds calling and even seeing an alligator the last time I went out.

Gardening is happening now too. Not a lot, but occasionally sticking a plant or seed in the ground. Dirt therapy is real! I need to do more. Lately it's been weed therapy, lol. Always something...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if you have a ladder tall enough you can put the ladder on the other end and prop the blind up on that and then go to the other end and pick it up and get it in place? if needed tie it in place to keep it from falling out... for really bad cases there is dental floss and duct tape.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I literally own 5 ladders. :rolleyes: One two-step kitchen helper, another 3 step little guy, one 6-step ladder that's not tall enough to hold the blind up and two extension ladders - both too big for that job. One extension ladder is the one I used to climb up to the second story window the other day trying to fix the clogged up AC. The other one literally is so big it will reach the peak on my two story house. I don't think I can set that one up by myself. It's ridiculously heavy even though it's aluminum. So - nope! I haven't done it yet, lol. GS likes to feel needed and in this case he is!

Not a terrible day - but not terribly productive either. I sat on my behind and watched the Texans game. So close! I thought they were gonna pull it out.

Moved some goats around and did a little gardening. About to go out and finish up the outside chores then scarf down on the pork, cabbage and sweet potato soup I threw together earlier. A bag of pork chunks out of the freezer - so the freezer cleaning challenge is still progressing.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have used a step ladder for that other set of hands when there are none. It works!

i said dental floss because one christmas tree we held up in the stand with dental floss because it was so crooked it wouldn't stand up at all so we had to tie it to the drapery hangers for the front windows. it was the last tree they had at a discount for the obvious reasons... we still laugh about that. :)

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had to tie the Christmas tree to the drapery rod one time. The cat kept knocking the tree over and playing with the ornaments.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221103-053406_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20221103-053406_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 54