Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep - got up at 5:30 to rain. Had a quarter inch before I even got out of bed.. It stopped long enough for me to go feed the critters and started again just as I was finishing up. Got wet, but not soaked. Stopped and started again. I think that's going to be the story for the next few days. No pond digging today.... :( Hope it dries up enough before next summer, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yep - got up at 5:30 to rain. Had a quarter inch before I even got out of bed.. It stopped long enough for me to go feed the critters and started again just as I was finishing up. Got wet, but not soaked. Stopped and started again. I think that's going to be the story for the next few days. No pond digging today.... :( Hope it dries up enough before next summer, lol.

i saw that on the radar. boogers!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well -- you needed rain!
Yep - soon as I figured out the pond wasn't going to happen I had to do a thought reversal project and get an attitude of gratitude, lol. We've had a little more than 3/4 of an inch. It's coming down slowly enough, so far, that most of it is soaking in. News at Noon said there had been 5+ inches in the area! So glad we didn't get that all at once!

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I watch the Tyler weather on my phone because they include Trinity county. They show a storm coming from the Dallas area in wee hours of Thursday morning and blowing out in mid morning. It will be moving south east, it may miss you.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It will be moving south east, it may miss you.
They've upped the chance of rain for us every day lately. Right now they raised it to 80% on Thursday. We're a bit over 2 inches for today. Sixty percent chance tomorrow too.... We'll probably get all caught up on rainfall tomorrow and Thursday, lol. Water didn't start puddling until we got close to the 2 inch mark. Hope that'll soak in overnight.

My feelings won't be hurt if we get nuttin' on Thursday, lol!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You got 2 inches! :ya I got a spit and sputter last night and another a while ago. I got ground with cracks in it-nothing to match yours, because I don’t have a lot of clay. At least the cracks lets the water in, right?:lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Final tally was 2.12. We had puddles when I last checked last night. We don't have puddles this morning. All soaked in but the ground is definitely wet. No rain yet this morning even though it's dark and rumbly out there right now. I'm expecting wet to arrive any minute now. We are under a flood watch.

I need to can some beans. We've been going through some of the canned stores. Last night I took canned pork chunks and canned charro beans, drained all the liquid and sauteed 'em with some onion/sweet red pepper. Topped it with some grated pepper jack cheese. It made great filling for some low carb tortillas with some picante and sour cream. We'll likely repeat that for lunch today.

A week from today I'll have grands in the house! We're going up on Tuesday to watch DGS play baseball. We'll stay the night and come back home Wednesday morning. So excited! Need to talk to them about holiday plans. It's going to be hard without DD - but we'll get through it. No other choice.