Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Think I might teach DGD the wonders of pressure canning, lol. My daughter wanted to learn and we planned on doing that together - but it never happened. I used a great recipe for canned charro beans last summer but neglected to save it. Hope I can find it again! :fl

We had two more inches of rain today with more predicted for tomorrow. Not complaining, but I'd be ok if it stopped now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is good this morning. More rain to come it seems. I need to finish this cup and get outside. I'm sure the critters would enjoy having some breakfast before the next deluge gets here. Nothing on the short term agenda right now except the usual.

Need to do some menu planning. The grands and son-in-law are really easy to cook for. They'll eat anything! DGS is a bottomless pit. He's probably 6ft now and I swear he's hollow all the way to his toes! Can't wait to squeeze 'em!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... DGS is a bottomless pit. He's probably 6ft now and I swear he's hollow all the way to his toes! Can't wait to squeeze 'em!

i remember that age when four plates of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and salad was a good meal and i'd come back a little while later for dessert. now a bowl of chili and a square of chocolate and i'm good for most of the day.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
looks like y'all down there are at the other end of this storm up here. it's been raining all morning pretty heavy. mebbe in a few hours we get a break...

this is good though for the low flow on the Mississippi river problem...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep - this was/is a huge system! We had some really hard rain this morning. Thankfully, it didn't last all day. We're at 1.64 for today. Three-day total is a little more than 5.5 inches. That's enough for me. I'm ready for some sunshine now.

ARGH! Why do I hear thunder now?

Yes - the Mississippi needs some fresh water!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our rain topped out at a bit over 6 inches. It totally filled up the pre-pond, lol. It'll have to be pumped out to resume work. Haven't heard back from pond digger guy, but I hope he can get it done this week even though I'll be in and out and on the road a lot. Hopefully I can just point him in the right direction ad he can handle it even if I'm not on site.

Finally got the last two blinds for the 2 big double windows. They weren't being restocked in the store so I had to order them online. Had 'em shipped to the store so I could have 'em cut. Decided I was going to hang them yesterday. Got all the brackets up and went to attempt to hang the blind itself when I discovered that I'm neither long enough nor strong enough to hang the double ones alone. Actually, I'm strong enough to get the blind lifted up to the brackets, but my arms aren't long enough to span the distance and get both ends of the blind onto the hangers. I already had an issue with my right shoulder. Now I have an issue with BOTH shoulders. Geeze Louise! Motrin and ice...

I'll get GS to help me hang 'em when he's here. Tired of the "oh so fashionable" sheets hanging on the windows!

Breeding plans for the goats was a total waste of time. Plans? Goats? Nope, lol. Think I'll just separate them into separate pens instead of trying to witness every single breeding. It's too labor and time intensive. Gotta rethink it this year. With DH being so challenged I simply don't have time to stand outside and watch the show.